Blacksmith seriously needs some qol

I saw this on Reddit and thought it might be worth sharing with those who don’t use that website:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Grimdawn/comments/1akzw20/blacksmith_seriously_needs_some_qol/

blacksmith is one of those mechanics i more or less forget about until i think to do something about my relic situation. and every time i talk to one i am reminded of the massive variety of things they can make. which is great, love that.

but the lack of filter or sorting options makes it a nightmare to see if you can craft an upgrade or two out of them. even something as trivial as a toggle to hide unusable items would go a long way to mitigating this. though options to sort by item level, with names of unusable things in red, along with having the amount you possess in your stash (and public one) listed would make, and finally being able to compare items not yet crafted to your equipped ones would all combine to make blacksmithing something enjoyable to engage with, rather than a chore that always makes me, at least, put off crafting anything far far longer than i should

edit - also, would love to see items exclusive to particular blacksmiths noted, as well as an indication on MI drops that are used in recipes

1 Like

How has this not prompted more discussion? The blacksmith is a mess to use.

if i had to guess
because it’s been brought up several times before, and gets brought up steadily “once a year”(random nr), to the point it’s probably both retreaded/“old news” by many; but also even addressed by the devs couple of times
“If they could do it over or “for a potential sequel” they would definitely have handled the crafting system differently” - but as it stands now it’s probably too late/embedded to fully overhaul
*legit can’t say if FoA development remotely means there might be changes to the blacksmith, until devs say something new on that i think it’s best to assume it’s gonna remain as is