Blizz went full retard

New patch notes for PTR. I’m banned from D3 forums for a month because I like to go there and shit on their game and some fanboy constantly reports me for trolling so here I am shitting on it somewhere else.

Look at how ridiculous some of these numbers are getting. Their stock is down 40% after Blizzcon but they have tried to cover their blunder by hinting at “new stuff” coming to D3. Well, apparently their idea of “new stuff” is multiplying set bonuses by 2, 4, 6 or even 10!

I might as well as give up the hope that D4 (should it ever come) is going to be complete garbage.

Isn’t that…just…persistent trolling?

You mean after their quarterly revenue announcement which is often followed by a drop in stocks across the scene?

I’ll be the first to say D:I is an awful idea but it’s naive to think Blizzard is going to suffer economically because of the announcement alone. That CoD blundered and WoW is hemorrhaging players and Destiny is falling into the abyss are more likely contributors to the stock drop, other than that of following the aforementioned pattern.

D3 is a shit-stain in the Diablo franchise and you’re free to talk shit about it on a neutral platform. But doing so on the product’s platform is bad enough but doing it repeatedly is pretty ban-worthy. Not to mention those actions of yours can get you banned from any game’s forums.
So, that’s a pretty well deserved ban. You’re literally claiming to go there to shit on their product, there’s no reason why they shouldn’t ban you.

The worst part wasn’t announcing a mobile game imo. It was the fact that they announced that crap in a convention attended by many Diablo fans curious about the future of franchise, fans who paid for that stupid convention likely hoping for an announcement of either new expac or a new game.

Their stock is down 40% after Blizzcon but they have tried to cover their blunder by hinting at “new stuff” coming to D3.

Their stock is down for causes not directly related to the announcement of D:I.

But anyway, I don’t like the negativity of the post (and there is already a post talking about D:I) or the fact that you’re bragging about how you got banned for doing something that clearly would earn you a ban. I too think that a mobile version of Diablo has to be the lamest announcement that they could have ever made, but this hate train is starting to get annoying. Just, like, don’t play the game and stuff.

/signed

:rolleyes:

I think this sentence took a wrong turn somewhere… I have not much hope for D4 being a game I am interested in going by D3 already (and those set bonus increases are certainly not helping, not that I care either way, haven’t played D3 in years), no D:I required :wink:

You seriously think that’s a good thing, not only to do, but to then come here boasting about how you are a troll on there and you’re now here just to post shit about it. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I have no idea what the set even does, but the line “The (6) Set bonus has been increased from 50000% to 75000%” is just hilarious.

Balance in all things ©

This will keep build posters/streamers busy to rearrange what builds can do up to whatever GR+

Trying to keep the community busy with terrible terrible damage

75000%…
B-but why?

But why not? Do you guys not have sets?

Now you can close 10005000 Rift and feel like you won the game. Probably. Better play progressquest, i guess, its more diverse with deeper gameplay :wink:

No it isn´t. Now players (but only the very experienced and skilled ones) can reach Greater Rift level 127, instead of GF level 119. With a little luck of course and h̶̶u̶̶g̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶i̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶n̶̶v̶̶e̶̶s̶̶t̶̶e̶̶m̶̶e̶̶n̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶v̶̶e̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶e̶̶e̶̶k̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶e̶̶v̶̶e̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶m̶̶o̶̶n̶̶t̶̶h̶̶s̶̶ some dedication.

:undecided:

Awesome game design, just create an endless void, that can never be filled.
And on top of that, they don´t even bother fixing the other design flaws.
Can´t get a Ring of Royal Grandeur early on in the season? No probleme, we “fixed that”. RoRG - Buff! Weeeeeee!

Everyone: we hate what you’ve done with sets
Blizzard: we’ve funnelled you further into sets!

Lazy game design ftw.

Its terrible what they’ve done to such a great franchise. D3 has turned into a parody of itself. They got some skills that are underperforming and instead of just making them work better they decided to create some sets that boost their damage. And then they add cooldown reductions to make it more usable but at the same time add 50-60% damage reduction and boost the damage by 4 or 5 times so that only sets and builds facilitated by sets are worthwhile. And then boost the damage by another 2 or 4 or 10… They doubled and then tripled down on stupid, its clear they have no idea what makes a good arpg. I’d given up hope on D3 but this is worse than letting it die… no more hope for D4… there is only D1 and D2.

Whoop-di-do. They mention something about mixing and matching sets… what about 3 ring slots instead of 2 is going to all of a sudden facilitate mixing? Especially when you consider further buffing of six piece bonus - what makes them think that is going to happen?

Before I read too far, I thought they were going to do something to actually change the way set items work but I was sorely disappointed.

Or you could, you know, see what actually comes out of the PTR before casting sweeping judgment.

After people got over the initial numbers shock, more and more of the consensus is becoming that the buffs are merely bringing more builds to the same GR level as the current top 3-4 builds. And of course, the numbers are subject to (and very likely will) change somewhat.

Blizz has said many times that they try to avoid nerfs. So to promote build diversity at the highest GR levels, the easiest way to do that without nerfing the top sets is mess around with the set multipliers on the under performing sets. Notice the “meta” sets like Pestilence for Necro and Akkhan for Crusader were not buffed at all.

What would you rather have happen? Leave the balancing as-is and have yet another Season with the exact same few builds dominating at the top with everybody else several GRs behind again?

D3 is under the Classic Games team now. Expecting major content updates at this point is delusional, and it’s not going to happen. The truth is, D3 players were lucky to get a patch with this much attention. Also note that the Season 16 theme with the free Ring of Royal Grandeur power has the potential to shake things up quite a bit as well. We will just have to see what the PTR players come up with, and also how the first couple weeks of the Season goes. I say that because one week probably isn’t going to be enough time to have everything figured out as far as what all the best builds are.

D3 is what it is. It’s never going to have the build diversity that GD has for sure…and it does cater more to"casual" players. It is too late to change that.

I for one happen to enjoy both D3 (though I haven’t played since Season 12) and GD. And since Forgotten Gods probably won’t be out until March or so, I’m probably going to go back to D3 for Season 16 if the PTR goes well.

It doesn’t mean all is forgiven with respect to the Blizzcon fiasco. But at the same time, this patch is a free update, so it’s not like players refusing to give it a chance changes anything as far as Blizzard’s bottom line.

The point I’m making is that things like skill tweaks, legendary item affixes/powers tweaks, new items, etc…these are all beyond the scope of what the Classic Games team is going to be able to do. Doing these things, and doing them well, would require an inordinate amount of time and resources that the Classic Games team is not able to dedicate to D3. They would have to pull people off the Warcraft 3 remaster, and that’s just not going to happen.

At least that’s something then - I was actually wondering if that might have been the case.

Seems like their no-nerfs philosophy is probably what got them into this mess in the first place though.

I believe we already have a thread for Diablo. Not sure this particular one needs to coexist with it.