Blueprint Drops

Has anyone ever fully tested the theory that blueprint drops (whether you can see them or not) are diminished by what has already dropped while remaining in a single session?

Been doing countless runs of HC 50-51 Elite, 20 at a time, and actually have noticed that my new blueprint drop rate seems higher on the 1-3 runs than the 4-20. (Only missing 27 droppable Legendary blueprints, for reference).

I know that @mamba has mentioned the theory after, well, all their work, and I swear I saw another post, but it is feeling like it comes down to luck.

On Elite 50-51, HC or SC, you should expect 4-5 blueprints, if you delete formulas.gst/h… that would mean ~100-120 runs to exhaust the supply of world drop blueprints (not counting the possibility of rolling a blueprint and failing because you have them all).

[Someone feel free to do the math on that if they want, eventually even 10 rolls it gets rare to find one you do not have.] Even still, if the theory holds, and you have successfully dropped every blueprint but the one you are seeking, 40/50 rolls in one run should have a good chance.

Has anyone ever tried, in one session, either SR or CR, 100+ runs? Results, thoughts?

For the record, YES, there is one blueprint I am after that is one of the 27.

I’d like to see such a test. It would mean recommending a strategy of farming till you get all blueprints without turning off the game to new players.

Maybe one could speed up the test by using some edited character / higher gamespeed / teleporting. Or perhaps there’s a command of spawning random blueprint. There’s also an option to mod the droprates to get more blueprints from SR.

If someone has an idea how to test it with the least amount of work, please share.

wouldn’t moding the game so that duplicate blueprints are not destroyed if they drop be enough to prove/disprove this

It would make it easier I guess (you could very quickly tell if we get duplicates or not) but is such a change moddable though? I don’t think so.

Should be an easy test, if anyone has the patience. Go into SR with no formulas in password protected multiplayer, open one chest at a time, learn all blueprints immediately. Do (ideally maybe 40, though 20 could suffice) complete runs. (It is a test… a modded character with 10,000 of each attribute and 200 devotion points would work for speed, heck, use the command line editor and set each attribute to 1 billion (never has I done that, never))

At the end, have a wingman (also with no formulas) come into your game and go into Splendors… if there are no blueprints (or very few), then the game is exhausting the blueprint pool for you in that session. If there are hundreds of blueprints, including duplicates, then you cannot exhaust the pool in a single session.

That is my theory - at the least. Mmm, might want to not use any jump or teleport movement skills to not get stuck in scenery on run 39 :slight_smile:

Just open the map and rift to the nearest portal. Try it sometime - go somewhere, stop and open the map, click on a rift, be amazed as you instantly teleport away from where you are.

Grim Internals also has more “advanced” teleport functionality, if you make use of that tool.

Outside of roguelike dungeons getting unstuck shouldn’t be an issue other than a minor annoyance.

Just spawn the SR/dungeon chests in a mod game

1 Like

I started doing the test. I’ll be doing it every day for some time with game minimized until enough data is gathered / all blueprints are gathered / game crash.

(actually I learnt that I can spawn all the chest on the same pixel, no need to create this snake)

Here is current data from 210 chests, I learn BPs instantly:
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 1 3 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 1 1 2 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 1 1 1 2 1 1 1 1 2 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 1 1 1 3 2 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 1 1 1 1 2 2 1 1 1 1 2 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 1 1 2 1 1 1 1 1 0 1 2 1 1 2 2 1 1 1 1 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 0 1 2 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 1 1 0 0 1 2 1 0 1 1 1 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 1 0 1 1 0 1

There’s like 700 blueprints I believe so it shouldn’t take too long. I’ll be adding data to this post.

I managed to make 1-button press BPs read and Chest Spawn in GDAutocaster. There’s a command for binding command to a keybind but I don’t know how to do it with Game.Spawn because it has additional argument.

1 Like

@Dilrakai I think we can call it a day, it doesn’t work. I’m getting more and more zeros.

• I teleported from Devil’s Crossing to Conclave once to check something unrelated (Spirit Guide to check whether Dryad reduces off-hand Spirit req) but I got a few zeros before that anyway
1 Like

@tqFan Excellent effort, and will make a proven searchable reference for others who ever research the issue. Thank you.

I think the largest issue may be that the game is obviously weighted very heavily against some blueprints (Mythicals in general, perhaps even more the set pieces) dropping from even the best chest. And there is no way around that - it is a farming game after all :slight_smile:

1 Like

which part doesn’t work?
getting 0s on initial chest or 0s on later chest in same session?
which part of OP got confirmed/rejected

blueprint farming is better done in brief + many sessions (unlike legendaries) or it doesnt’ matter at all?

when i started my last fresh start character i noticed that relics and component recipes dropped/got those earlier than armour/myth crafts
so if the system keeps this weighting even once blueprints are learned it’s no real surprise that it takes an extra while to overcome the duplicate roll of already learned component/relic recipes to get those precious Myth helm recipes instead :pensive:

We were hoping that playing in one session, with one RNG seed for example, could make it easier to get those last blueprints. If this session specific seed generated different blueprint every time, you would be guaranteed to get this last blueprint you’re missing eventually after a very long playthrough and lots of SR farming because you would exhaust the pool of all blueprints. It would be a deterministic way of getting all the blueprints. But in my test 0 showed very quickly, number of blueprints dropping very quickly which suggests that it doesn’t work like that - and same blueprints were drawn in one session. This is similar hypothesis to the one I mentioned here Loot simulations, duplicates, restarting sessions

1 Like