Bring more techno fantasy/sci-fi in gd2?

this is just a suggestion, can the tech levels in cairn be raised in the next grim dawn game?

when i 1st got grim dawn, i had a longing to play a witch gadgeter hunter gunner/crossbowman since i 1st saw the occultist cover for grim dawn and the demolitionist. that wish partially got fulfilled especially once inquisitor dlc arrived. but it still gives me the nagging feeling that there isn’t enough tech-gadgetry thingamajig in both demo and inquisitor.

then i realized that the majority of the game was oriented more toward magic. there are some pistols-rifles-crossbows that had great mix of magic and tech, but i feel that there’s not enough tech oriented skills and summons that complements the tech feeling.

maybe crate wished to make grimverse to be a magic oriented franchise with some medieval-victorian fantasy tier tech. but with how the game’s story currently reaching a stalemate ceasefire between the major factions, there should be enough time to make the factions (including enemies) level up their tech levels and replenish their forces and powerbases. maybe i just want to see some aetherials-chthonians-undead-beast/beastmen-eldritch monstrosities using firearms or even lasers…

then again, maybe grimverse are doomed to be stuck in their tech level due to dwindling resources and all the warped shenanigans corrupting cairn, also yugol creeping over not helping the situation.

or maybe new aetherial factions and mysterious groups will appear and bring new resources for everyone and destroying gameplay balance because why not.

anyway, i wish we can ride aetherial powered motorcycle or have electrical aetherial golems that shoots lazors as summon in gd2.

but if crate decide to keep gd2 magic focused, thats fine too. i’ll just pretend the AAR mages i’ve played are magical cyborgs to enjoy the feeling of playing cyborgs in gd.

I don’t know, I like the thematic feel of GD as it is. Still have castles and medieval style weapons along with early firearms, supplemented by a good dose of magical abilities. Steampunk/sci fi stuff is not my personal taste; it’s the reason I never got into Warhammer Inquisitor and Torchlight 2. But of course this is all subjective.

yeah, i feel like crate was going to keep the victorian medieval witch feeling because its the miserably grim spirit of grim dawn. its just that the tech levels in gd2 could be raised slightly due to potentially new influx of new stuff lorewise from hinted new factions.

maybe its because i want some more frankenstein stuff due to aetherials leaning toward that directions (but with more magic). electrc necromancers with electric giant zombies summons anyone?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.