Bringing in the New Year with B16 v0.2.1.4!

Great, and a little earlier than expected, hope that means we get act 2 in Jan too :smiley:

Very cool update. I hope to be able to start playing again, now that the holidays and my vacation is over.

Maybe I’ll even be able to start working on the localization editor again, but that all depends on my real-life workload.

Definitely loved the greenish haze around The Dump. Also glad that the areas now have names on the map and indicator that correspond to what they logically seemed to be. Really cool to stumble upon Bloodsworn Cultists desperately fending off a zombie Aetherial attack in Wightmire too.

Happy new year, and ty for updates.

Happy new year!

Loading the new build right now and I’ll definitely give it a run through. Might go dual wield again.

Happy New Year, and what a big change for the game, you guys rock.

Downloading now.

Fantastic update guys! :wink: What a great way to start off the New Year. :smiley: I’ve already completed both new quests, chatted with the new NPCs in DC, looted another shiny blue item (an Obsidian Seal from Isaac’s Stash), and decorated my Occultist with jewelery made from Slith bones. :rolleyes:

Also, looking forward to Act 2 more than ever with the updated Riftgate map! The new look for that is awesome! Once again, cheers to all of you at Crate who no doubt worked hard to ensure a new release on New Years Day. :smiley:
Younghappy :slight_smile:

You… you… rascals!!! Happy new year! Downloading now, got the attachment as well, might take a while to cross-reference all the text files again.

Awesome. Well… as usual, wipe and start from scratch :slight_smile: Can’t decide yet what character will be first - reflection probably? Did not make one for a long time.

Thank you for the great start of the year :wink:

Can’t find Isaac’s stash since I though I would get a note or quest update which could remind me where he put it lol. I’ll have to check on a different character.

Otherwise it seems we have a new lore giver who is hanging out with that rover band.

Awesome so far :slight_smile:

Edit: Loving the weapon component skill affixes so far and I can see them adding a lot more build diversity. Would be awesome to hear one of the dev’s thoughts on the matter and why this change was added - a good change of course so far.

Edit 2: Found out that I first got the stash and thought it was a normal stump which is why the quest didn’t show since I already “completed” it when I later rescued Isaac.

Oh great! More fun to be had. :smiley: Off to download now while I have a coffee and some stollen. Now the big question - which toon to play with first after the download’s complete? Soldier, BWC Demolitionist, Witchblade, Occultist, etc, etc, etc. Choices choices, choices. Thanks team.

Was planning to create a new nightblade. Nice incentive. Thanks for the update and a good start to the new year.

Mm love Christmas baking though sadly some of my favorites are now gone :frowning:

Can’t wait to find more weapon components and see their abilities as I’ve only gotten Fireblast and Lightning Strike (the latter of which I’m using on two weapons dual wielding lol).

Edit: Shield components as well!!! Checked all my old “rare” components and dang… quite awesome indeed.

Patch is a nice new years surprise. Thank you very much. Downloading now!

First problem. Game won’t launch. After the download was complete I got a message from F-Secure saying GD might be a harmful application. I told it to allow it, but then I got a Steam message saying game launch failed, Grim Dawn failed to start error code 51. What now?

Did you try turning it off and on again?

Seriously, restart steam and try again. For me, those steam errors are usually resolved with a steam restart.

Yep, same result. It doesn’t matter whether I try to launch from the shortcut icon or from Steam directly. I get the same message.

Sorry, I do not have F-secure and suspect your issue is specific to that. Can you get that program to not start with windows and then try to see if that helps?

Not sure I’d want to risk that jiaco. I’d prefer not to have to turn off my security system if I can help it.

I checked F-Secure further re the harmful application warning and found this message:

Harmful file was not downloaded. Computer security removed a harmful file that it found in your network traffic, you can continue to use your computer normally. Infection name: Exploit:W32/CVE-2010-1088.C.

why not get a proper security program then