Buffs for demo bomb abilities?

Arcanist has OFF, mirror, Maiven’s Sphere.

Demo has the crazy Flashbang which causes all the mobs to miss you, and Ulzuin’s Wrath makes them fall very often. Overall that’s much less damage received.

Well I am of course aware of that :stuck_out_tongue: but it still leaves you with 0 healing outside of pots/constitution. I feel more or less forced to take behemoth+dryad unless I want to spend my time running around like a jackass. Also why I rock some justice pieces to get my armor/DA up to solid levels

RNGesus must REALLY hate me then, cus all the gear I have seen so far for Demos is Fire and/or Lightning based.

I tried comparing Grenado with a build that was mostly demo (lots of + skills) with Blitz on a build that was mostly Soldier.

It’s not the greatest comparison. Blitz got a huge buff in the last patch for sword+board and it’s at 26/16 in this comparison with a build with only +615%phys damage and +314% fire.

The elementalist has 55% phys to fire and 15% phys to lightning conversion +587% phys damage and a good +1380% fire damage boost.

They both have roughly the same CD and AoE radius. Grenado in this example does more damage due to the +Crit damage modifier of High Impact. It also has the potential to reset. Blitz under the effects of deadly momentum also gets a huge buff in damage.

To make the most out of Grenado, UC needs to be maxed. Which is a whopping 50 points investment. Compared to 28 in Blitz. Still think it needs a minor buff. Finally “on sheet” dps doesn’t matter much but posted it anyway.

As for the initial post. BWC is absolutely fine. With devotions attached it has crazy stupid lingering damage and does not need a buff. Still not sure on Mortar Trap/Canister Bomb. Haven’t finished my Mortar Trap build.

Look forward to your thoughts Duck, btw really like your hybrid pet demo! I clarified btw I am fine with bwc but wouldn’t hate a wee bit more damage :smiley: There is no world in which you don’t find canister underwhelming though. Honestly my sorc could use more conversion and % fire dmg as I’ve gotten a little too defensive so I may be underrating mortar to an extent, but meh still seems weak to me even considering that