Build 0.9.1a (Steam) All saved games is lost

Everytime, when i starting a new game, my previous saved game is disappearing from the “Load game” menu and from the folder c/Users/USERNAME/Documents/MyGames/Farthest Frontier/Save.
OneDrive is turned off. My steam library is installed on C: drive.
Please fix it.

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

Are you using cloud saving?

HI!
Yeah, this function is “on” in steam for this game. If you mean steamcloud saving.

Try turning cloud saving off and see if that fixes it.

Ok, thanks for advice. I’ll try it and will send feedback here.

It doesnt work: saves are disappearing anyway. Any ideas?

Verify the game files and make sure all your drivers are up to date.

The game cannot delete your saves on its own.

When you make a new town, a file called _current.map is generated. It should go into C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\Documents\my games\Farthest Frontier\Save.

If it is not, then it is getting moved somewhere else by your system, which should at least help you figure out the culprit.

Sure, it cant. But it does. I tried to find it on my drives C and D and E - no results. Ive done some expirement last night: i had 1 saved game, deleted all autosave files from “load game” menu and started new game. Meanwhile i opened “Save” folder in “My Games/Farthest Frontier”. And watched it at second monitor. After some playing time i save my new game manually. And my previous saved game just disappear in this moment from the folder and “Load game” menu.

Also in “Save” folder i have “steam_autocloud.vdf” file. Should i delete it?.

Done. All files got checked. Drivers is up to date.

No, no need to delete that file.

Sounds like Microsoft One Drive or other cloud file saving software is moving your saves as it moves it to the cloud.

OneDrive doesnt activated in my system and permanently turned off. I have not any other cloud software or services.

Today i have new plan: i’ll try to name new game in english alphabet. All previous “self-deleted” saves was named in russian. Maybe name of save should be only in english, im not sure, but we have not other ideas, i guess.

Also, im not sure, but… Maybe the game have a limit for autosaves and use for it existing save files. It is not normally, it is a bug anyway. Gotta be here with feedback about naming.

Forgot to say about current.map. It creating any time when i start new game in correct directory. After manual saving it is converting to save folder, named by my city. And older save disappearing after a few minutes.

If you’re only using autosaves, then yes. Absolutely. The game uses 2 autosaves across all towns.

Little update: when we have 1 save with non-english name, second saved game will not delete first one when it named in english. I played in new game with english named save and my older save is not deleted.
Maybe its problem solving. Need one more test for confirmation.

I have exactly the same problem. When my wife switches over to her Steam account and plays Farthest Frontier, it deletes all of the savegames in the folder. If she starts a new game, saves, and then comes back to it the next day, it deletes everything again.