Build 10 Changelog

v0.1.6.3 (b10)

Game:

• Finalized minimap north pointer art.
  • On Attack spells on items should now properly trigger.
  • Increased visibility on Warden’s spike attack.
  • Summoned creatures no longer grant experience or drop items.
  • Darlax, Devourer of Dreams should no longer stun for excessive amounts of time.
  • Decreased potion cost and cooldown.
  • Increased potion drop rates.
  • Reduced skillpoint reclamation cost.
  • Adjusted the distribution of Components to further favor armor over weapons.
  • Melee auto-target config adjusted to allow melee skills that hit multiple targets to hit enemies a little further away.
  • Soldier: Increased health per level provided by the mastery training / decreased % health provided by Military Conditioning.
  • Blitz cooldown and energy cost reduced; damage adjusted accordingly and with more emphasis on absolute physical and less on weapon % to make it less gear dependent.
  • Blade Arc reworked with cooldown but lower energy cost, targets increased from 3-5, % weapon dmg increased significantly, physical dmg converted to physical trauma duration dmg, % chance of knockdown added.
  • Will to Live cooldown reduced from 32 to 30 and duration increased from 5 to 6 seconds.
  • Fixed Counterstrike, removing the non-functioning % weapon dmg and adding physical and bleed damage.
  • Buffed the Forecwave modifier Rending Force, increasing damage modifier and armor reduction.
  • Removed chance to freeze from Zombie Cold One melee attack - now only chance to freeze on cold nova skill.
  • Adjusted Occultist and various other skills to accomodate the fixed bonus damage to non-elemental magical damage types.
  • Buffed Blackwater Cocktail modifier Intense Heat.
  • Slightly increased the bonus to physical damage provided by cunning.
  • Character stats now shows block recovery time.

Tech:

• Improved resource preloading for objects outside the immediate view frustum.
  • Improved the speed at which player state data is saved.
  • Improved the speed at which database records are loaded by the engine.
  • Fixed many cases where resources would not be preloaded result in stuttering, more to come!
  • Fixed a bug where characters could jump between different levels of the navigation mesh.
  • Fixed a bug where clicking an item while holding shift would cause the player to move.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when no sound devices were present on a system.
  • Fixed a bug where the window would not be centered when launching the game in windowed mode.
  • Fixed a bug where spirit based bonuses would not be applied to certain damage types.
  • Fixed a bug where total damage modifiers would not affect aether or chaos damage.
  • Fixed a bug where stackable items would behave incorrectly when added to the stash.
  • Fixed a bug where screenshots would overwrite each other.
  • Fixed a bug where minimap graphics would be rendered out of order.
  • Fixed a bug which caused the area name display to vanish when changing graphics options.

NOW THIS is more like it!

• Increased visibility on Warden’s spike attack.

YES! I hate that attack so much, not because it kills me but because its so hard to see, it looks like he’s broken.

When does this go live?

PS: Maybe for future patches you could show what the buffs are? Not just say “buffed skill” but say how it was changed?

Very Nice! Keep up the great work!

its live now, if steam doesn’t trigger an update restart it

it is already live. Steam will update when it feels like it…or when you go into properties and check file integrity… :slight_smile:

Great list of Patch notes!

Glad the point respec costs were reduced, now to see how much. lol. was getting expensive seeing all the skill reclaims go up 1k for each retracted skill point lol

Thanks!:rolleyes:

I didnt have an issue seeing the spikes, then again i was watching his animations to differ the attacks.

Awesome. Keep the great work crate.

Wow that’s quite a list!

“Will to live” buff - booyeah :wink:

Good stuff.

could we get some clarification on this?

• Summoned creatures no longer grant experience or drop items.

does this mean
a) pets no longer give exp or drops when the player kills them.
or
b) pets no longer give exp or drops when “they” kill enemies.

Wouldn’t it be stupid if the pet couldn’t give drops or exp if they killed enemies?.. lol

it means when an enemy summons a pet, you can’t farm that pet for constant gold and exp

Correct. Creatures summoned by enemies will no longer drop loot or grant exp.

Player summoned pets are not affected.

don’t buff all skills, it’s already easy enough :eek:

Make everything 1000% harder. THEN DOUBLE IT! :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually crashing after the update. Haven’t really crashed much before. Nothing special triggering it, it seems, sometimes I’m just auto-attacking with the demo left-button attack. Other times I’m tossing Blackwaters. Just figured I’d toss it out there :slight_smile:

Was the change to Mark of Dreeg intended? At rank 1 (aka the base component), it now does 2-22 Acid Damage, down from 3-33.

I’ve noticed a better framerate with this new build. Nothing fantastic but it’s always something, I don’t know if you guys changed something regarding that :).

Other than that: the 5s cooldown on the Bladearc…I’m not sure how I feel about it. Was it because you found that skill to be overpowered? The thing is it used a lot of energy, so this is how I used to play with it:
With the skill bound to my RMB, I would use it non-stop if surrounded by enemies (or, if I was feeling a bit kamikaze, after bull-rushing into a pack of monsters). Since it was very powerful, I could also use it against a single foe (“cough cough”, The Warden, “cough cough”…).
The thing is it used a lot of energy…So you had to be careful when using it. I Then had two options:

1. Walk away and wait for my energy to come back, which took time…
  2. Use a energy potion, while knowing that because of the potion cooldown I wouldn’t be able to take another one before minutes…
    No cooldown on the Bladearc really added some dynamics to the fights (mainly because I was always alternating between my LMB and RMB depending on the situations), and a bit of strategy because you had to keep an eye on your energy bar.

I haven’t played enough with the new version of the skill to really see how it works. The fact it uses WAY less energy and has a cooldown will prevent you from overusing it and running out of energy…On the other hand, combats feel less dynamic and “fun”…As for the strategy, I guess it is still present even it has now changed: you can only use your bladearc once and then rely on your other skills for some seconds…It’s more useful against packs of enemies since it hits 5 enemies instead of 3, not so much against single foes…So, we’ll see…

• Fixed a bug where screenshots would overwrite each other.

So the game has a built in screenshot feature? I never found it.

Micro stutter has reduced and picking up items 1 second stutter is gone.

Push prntscrn on your keyboard - it’s usually in between F12 and scroll lock.

Now navigate to documents/my games/grim dawn/

There’s a screenshots folder within. Prior to this fix, the game constantly overwrote older shots with the same name, making it impossible to actually take screenshots without steam or some other program. This makes it so much easier (imo) to take shots, the steam screenshot tool is retarded.

I didnt have an issue seeing the spikes, then again i was watching his animations to differ the attacks.

It was a visually unimpressive attack and each spike was near impossible to see, unless you ramped up the gamma way up. I play with it incredibly low (but not so everything is pitch black) to give the game more atmosphere. I’ll have to play again to see if I like the new effect, but just a change makes me happy because I seriously despised that attack. It wasn’t hard to see his animation, just the projectiles. For me, it seemed almost like he would just “point” at me with his arm and I’d take damage.