Build 10 Changelog

Moving along at a great pace. Grat’s folks the game for me rocks!

This is huge. Thank you.

Also, I’m kind of wondering if the bottles that are being thrown by the Demolitionist should break on impact instead of a millisecond delayed explosion after it lands.

*Edit: I would like a cursor lock option in windowed mode. If you can’t, I can use a cursorlock prog, but an option in-game would rock harder.

Real fast feedback , i am upgrading from the very first build, didn’t try build 9 at all. When i saw the build notes for 10 i couldn’t resist i just have to find some on hit items now :wink:

The micro lag is still present just as frequent however the duration IS less.

So congrats on that fix, its still annoying but much more tolerable now.

The Warden is a SHADOW of his former self, i guess this was in build 9 as well, but before it took me 3 minutes or so, now he goes down in under a minute.

Level Scaling, yes i know everyone has an opinion, i would still like it very much if the areas i hunt in matched my player level or heck if all monsters were above me would be better.

Would be nice to at least be given an option. :smiley:

Love to buff to Blitz!

Almost no crashes, the game runs a bit better, seems very fine to me :slight_smile: I even started a new character to try a bit the demolition build and I’ve been enjoying it a lot.
Too bad I don’t use Shift for stationary attack: I’ve tried switching my controls but no way I can get used to it…Oh well, I might give it another try. Fun thing I’ve never had any problems about my character picking up objects while being stationary ^^"…

Might be completely off-topic, but I’m very curious…how does it affect the way our computer work when playing the game? ‘.’
Here is the thing: this new build totally eliminated a HUGE problem I’ve been having with Grim Dawn and I’ve never been able to find and explanation about it (and I did ask on many forums): with the problem having disappeared, I might be able to discover what is going on.

Before B10, my laptop would shut down for no apparent reason after 10 or 15 minutes in game (for those of you curious, it’s not a temperature issue since I checked them and they are fine, I even use a cooler…Plus it only happens with some games).

It all started a couple of months ago. Suddenly my laptop shut down while I was playing Dead Space 3: I soon discovered it was only happening with that game. And, as odd as it might be, I then discovered it happened if the game was running at more than 30fps. Since the Vsync of the Dead Space series is locked at 30fps, activating it solved the problem.
Oddly enough, Dragon Age encountered the same problem: only option I had, launch fraps to record at 30fps, that prevented the laptop from shutting down.
It never happens with any other games, even demanding ones (like Crysis 3). I can run a rendering with Sony Vegas for a full night, nothing at all…
And until yesterday, my laptop would shut down while playing Grim Dawn unless I recorded it.

This evening, I played Grim Dawn for more than two hours, with no recording whatsoever, with the game running between 35 and 45fps…No shutting down, and only one or two crashes.

What magic trick did you perform on the engine so my laptop won’t shut down, Crate, because that is amazing! :D:rolleyes:

Actually, you’ve highlighted the issue there. The bug fix should be applied respective of what key is bound to the stationary attack function.

Most of my micro-stuttering is gone now too :slight_smile:

This is a bug from TQ, we’ll try to get it fixed in one of the next few builds.

Some on the forums where having a similar problem , but Grim Dawn was the only game causing the problem. They fixed it by adjusting the options related to graphic cards on there laptop.

There laptops had two graphic cards…probably a low end one that uses little energy and a higher end one that sucks it down like sports drink. Will try and find the post and link to it…

Thanx for the patch guys. Haven’t tried it yet so, will get back to comment on changes! :wink:

seeing some major lag spikes in hidden laboratory when the zombies appear, seems to lag when they move or appear to attack, odd thing is, other monsters like the beholders don’t seem to trigger this, at least in my testing, and it seems playing in this area is a big pain due to these spikes are you fight zombies a lot

while the place was a bit laggy, I think B10 seems more so,

Yea, Hidden Laboratory and the levels till Warden are laggy, if a lot of zombies appear. Other mobs seem fine, but zombies seem to lag alot.

I think in B9 it was not so laggy as now with B10.

I have the same feeling, microstutters are less, but from time to time I have longer lag situations. I have to check if it has something to do with the zombies.

Very nice change log, time to test more :stuck_out_tongue:

I honestly haven’t encountered any bugs in build 10 so far. Everything seems pretty smooth on my end. Good job!

Adding cooldown is weird. Now i don’t need Energy regen and i have no AOE attacks to use anymore! Lower the damage on it and remove cooldown…

Well, I d have to graphic cards on my laptop and I always use the powerful one (even if it’s not that powerful, it’s a GT 650M).

All good stuff, keep up the good work guys!

The improved spawn rates and lowered prices of potions makes me happy.
I almost never found any and they were so expensive I’d rather not buy any at all, so I’d just die if I couldn’t run away and heal or use skills to heal. So thanks a lot for that!

There’s one thing though, the health bars and icons of my pets sometimes show up in the upper left corner instead of the lower left corner like they’re supposed to.
This wouldn’t really be a problem if it wasn’t for the fact that when I summon two pets, like the raven and the hell hound, only one of the pets’ icon and HP bar is visible, because the upper one is off screen, so I can’t see how much HP is left.
I don’t know if you’re already aware of this problem, I haven’t seen anyone mention it, but I thought I’d tell you anyway.
Other than these issues, the alpha has pretty much been great, I enjoy it a lot. :smiley:

Disagree… I love the new Blade Arc. Works perfectly. Please don’t change.

It’s been mentioned in several posts in the bug forums, and is also listed in the “Known issues” thread. If you play with your video settings at all, your pet bars will reset to the top left of the screen and stack on each other. To reset them you need to exit the game to the menu, and then start the game again.