Build 18 is live - Let the crafting begin!

Hi

:wink: AWESOME

150 crafting recipes OMG! I feel like yā€™all have outdone yourselves this build. Pats on the backs for all!!

cheers:cool:

Agree, itā€™s annoying. You get quests normally but have to click to accept your rewards? The old way was a lot smoother.

Otherwise, great update!

This so much! Thank you!
And thank you for actually taking player feedback into consideration when focusing dev resources.

Dangitā€¦ I finally get a Wildstar weekend beta invite, and you guys drop this on me? Whatā€™s next? A major Starbound update as well?

First of all, thanks for B18. An unexpected (well, sort of) pleasure. :slight_smile:

This should perhaps be a separate thread, but I just wanted to ask: Now that thereā€™s a ā€œveteranā€ mode, will non-veteran be easier?

Iā€™m relatively new to GD(*). Have only been playing for about a week, so all my experience is with B17 (and now B18). Early on I got quite frustrated playing the game. Especially the ā€œNot a Dropā€ quest. I had made it to level 12, went through the Convictā€™s Tunnel, Prison Cellar et al. only to be insta-killed by Viloth several times over.

Fine, I thought, letā€™s level a bit and try again. Didnā€™t realize that the monsters leveled with me! And I also was suprised to see tougher enemies spawn, which made it extremely tough for me to even reach Viloth. At one point a couple of Furies ganged up on me in the Prison cellar and before that I was greeted by Rotbite.

I was very close to giving up, but managed to tackle Viloth after coming here to get a few pointers on changing my build. The thing is, new players might be turned off by the quite steep difficulty curve of the game. Not all players make a science out of character building (I, for one, suck at it), and not all players may venture to this forum for help.

Now, I might be barking up the wrong tree, because GD is, after all, still alpha, but I just wanted to put my opinion out there.

SIZE=ā€œ1ā€: Long time TQ player, although on a casual basis. So of course I partook in the Kickstarter fund raiser. Iā€™ve only now redeemed my early access key, though.[/SIZE]

You will probably find normal mode in B18 to be a little easier than in B17.

Good to knowā€¦ Although my current character (pyromancer) is reasonably powerful at this point.

I am very happy with some of the things introduced in this build, very cool!

I canā€™t seem to find angrim (just talked to duncan) , where exactly ā€œnorth eastā€ is he? could someone please pinpoint him for me? i would be very grateful , thanks

Itā€™s like the alcove above depraved sanctuary. canā€™t really explain differentā€¦ hope this helps.

I am sorry to say this, but:

ā€œEDIT - Reduced time till ooc regen activates from 3 to 2 seconds but cut the regen rate from 20x to 5x.ā€

this absolutely killed the fun at playing for me. I always regenerated life by waiting for regeneration. Now, i have to wait 4times as long as before. Because of this, it feels like i am waiting half of the playtime for life regeneration.

I played about 10 minutes today and got so pissed, that i did not want to go on playing any more.

I didnt mind the nerf. Seeing the other side of the coin it made health regen, and life leech pointless if you could just kite a boss for 5 seconds and be at full health.

Funny that because Iā€™ve been going from mob to mob with hardly a slowdown. Pneumatic Burst for heals mixed with pots (which drop like crazy) for the oh shit moments and im on my way with an occasional loopty - loop to let OoC kick in a little and away I go.

Iā€™m more surprised that youā€™re surprised by this. Itā€™s been known and debated for a bit that OoC should get a bit of a nerf.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk

The ooc regen change isnā€™t necessarily our idea of where the final setting should be - its more of an experiment for the current build based on significant feedback. Sometimes to find the right balance, you have to test our different extremes. So weā€™ve already gotten a few pieces of negative feedback on the new setting and that is building a case that we need to either move it somewhere closer to where it was or make some change to the system.

Feels good to me medierra. I hardly even notice it. Increased health pot drops and increased movement speed. Combined with the improved all around responsiveness of combat and mouse work in general =/ Feels perfect. I canā€™t be the only one.

Yes I noticed the OOC health regen rate substantially. As far as does it feel rightā€¦ That depends on too many factors right now I think. My Nightblade build tends to be really spiky in the health dept., which I feel the blame, if any, primarily falls on my shoulders alone for selecting those specific skills/build.

This alone can be debated on many levels but I personally feel itā€™s the players responsibility to choose if they want long OOC health regens or avoiding the issue altogether by refining skills in their buildā€¦ but this tends to end up being just a ā€œhaving your cake and/or eating it tooā€ moment I think.

Maybe we can offer other solutions, for example, introduce ā€œstaminaā€ or ā€œenduranceā€ skills which can affect health ā€œOOCā€ regen speeds to try and let players hypothetically accommodate their perceived need for OOC health regen rates. I dunno, maybe that would just muck-up things a bit more perhaps.

@Locnar - I was thinking too that maybe they should have it as an option, like Veteran, except in this case you would have maybe 3 choices. How it is currently, how it was, and then another perhaps in between.

So far I really am liking it. Weā€™ll see once I get this char leveled more, but right now I am finding it very fun as is.

Please revert this. More time away from combat means standing around being bored. I actually considered using a potion after the occ kicked in because it is too slow now, but then the potion would be on cooldown which is also bad.

I believe the devs are experimenting with the hp regen since there were people who noticed that it felt too powerful and deterred from the difficulty of the game.

I think this iteration will most likely be the minimum while B17 regen was the max. Hopefully weā€™ll see something in between so that itā€™s useful but not too powerful.

The fast regen of B17 allowed one to make too many mistakes/risks. Plus, there is the idea that the damage you took didnā€™t matter because you recovered so quickly.

In boss fights, it adds an ebb and flow mechanic that might be interesting but outside of that, it felt like an exploit that allowed you to avoid the mechanics of battle.