Build 18 is live - Let the crafting begin!

i was one of those that considered the longer regain time inbetween encounters to be more of an inconvenience than a challenging combat mechanic. i made a vid to illustrate my point but the vid clearly shows that in 90% of encounters it does not really interrupt the flow of game play. So i defer to my own evidence :rolleyes:

http://youtu.be/D5LwFEN9mTQ

I have to say this change to ooc regen simply killed the dynamic of the game, now I just have to stand between packs of mobs and wait for regen to do its magic…uterrly useless. The ooc was perfectly fine so far, but you needlessly listened to some trolls…
What it means now, more points will have to be invested in either defensive or health restoration skills to counter this shift, gimping damage and overall abilities of characters.
This also feels like im being punished for the fact that monsters damaged me, I play on veteran, some packs are not killable in one approach cause they do a lot of damage, problem is, I can’t spam potions as they are on cooldowns, they are limited self heal skills, so basically you have to keep running away and wait like a long time before you can even make another attempt.

Having the map aligned with compas - oh yes finally.

I can see and feel the general improvements and they are great.

Veteran mode - awesome.

Crafting - just started playing with it, drop rates for mats seem a bit low and certain items require quite a lot of scrap based on how rarely it drops.

Question: where does brain matter drop?

Just received my part time job payment and just purchase GD via this site! Finally able to play! See you tonight GD!

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 4

Awesome to hear and right at the perfect time with B18, hope you enjoy the game!

Just to add to the ooc regen: I LOVE the idea but I’m not too keen on the way it is implemented.
I always thought that ooc regen should be nerfed, because it was totally spoiling survival skills and leach life builds.
I really like that you are going in this direction with B18, just need a little more adjusting and it will be perfect !

EDIT: love how you are showing major game mechanics change as small changes in the patch note :smiley:

OCC regen may still change as this is alpha. It was lessened due to feedback from reviews and players saying that it made the game too easy.

Brain Matter I believe is dropped by aetherials. So farming the Warden, Cronley, and Hollowed Hill may result in getting a drop.

Blood of the Ch’thon should be obvious as to where that drops. Ancient Heart I have found from Shamblers, and skeleton enemies though it may drop from other enemies as well I’m sure.

Thank you for slowing the levelling back down, was far too fast in B17. With all these extra bits to collect and store for crafting now as well as normal components, is there any possibility of more storage space, or an extra bag just for all these bits. Cheers.

After playing a bit more I could be fine with more tweaks on the ooc. Perhaps keep the rate as is if your moving and if you stand still after a further 2 seconds have it kick into higher gear. This way it wont be so easy to abuse in battle and you can still get the fast healing you want to carry on to the next massacre.

I would definitely like to see this resolved so everyone is happy. It just never sat well with me how easy it was to heal fully with it during battle.

Anyone else like the sound of my suggestion?

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk

Personally I’d rather have a OOC regen that scales where you gain more hp/second the longer you are out of combat. So at first it starts out small so you are still in danger if you are being chased but as you continue it increases faster. Right now it’s like at 5x which I think it is a bit low. If it started at 5x and scaled up to 8 or 10x I think that might be something I would like to see.

I, for one, prefer the new regen rate. Does that make me a troll as well?

I dont agree that the dynamic is worse either. I mean, the old regen rate was too high, now you actually have to use a bit more thought. I like that. That is why I like some of the damage nerfs as well.

If you find Veteran too hard, then it is perfectly reasonable to play on normal mode. Obviously you should be punished for monsters damaging you.

Good idea!

Didn’t really get to play much more than a few minutes on B18 yesterday, but I must admit I’m not a fan of the lowered health regen rate. To be honest, that high regen rate has saved me many times, which on the other hand has made me want to stick with the game.

I really don’t know where all those “game is too easy” comments come from. I find it quite hard and I really don’t fancy getting frustrated (too much) simply playing a game. High frustration levels just kill games for me.

How about the lowered regen rate applies to veteran mode only? Or something similar.

I suppose I don’t envy Crate their job. It’s got to be hard to make a game that everyone likes to play differently and make it so they can.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk

Usually playing a new game can be quite challenging. Eventually you’ll get used to the flow of the game and the mechanics.

You are playing normal mode right? Be sure that veteran mode is checked off.

Also the high regeneration from before B18 had complaints that it was too much of an exploit and made the game easier. So I do think it merited a change but it seems that Crate still needs to find that sweet spot in order to keep both groups happy with the out of combat healing.

This issue becomes more noticeable when you get over 2000 hp. However, I find my soldier not staying at all for now (quite low level yet and no really serious enemies besides Azure Matriarchs). Besides the other thoughts this rate of OOC regen makes combat regeneration items and skills much more useful.

I was the one who was in doubt about the current OOC regen rate too and I am probably one of biggest fans of OOC in general - however, I can’t consider this OOC rate forbidding for the smooth gameplay with a honest look. Don’t know how it will affect my gameplay on higher levels, will report once I hit 35 :slight_smile:

Edit: I must notice that the current OOC regen makes the life regeneration possible out of combat only and does not allow to regenerate in the middle of combat that was possible before. After a careful thought I find this change more positive than negative though.

Pots are cheap, heals you to full health and barely have any cooldown. I myself thought it was way too easy before they lowered the regen since the pots was there aswell. Now it´s more of a challenge, but in my oppinion an increase of pot cooldown would be good aswell alongside the lowered regen. ^^

Spirit modifier for elemental damage seems to have changed from 2.65 sp = 1% dmg to 3 sp = 1% dmg ?

Is this correct, I don’t see it mentioned.
Also, for some reason, my pure elemental spells seem to be doing around half the damage they were doing in B17.

Adjusting my formula BWC base x (1+(Sp/265) x (1+(%ele+%fire+%total/100)) (which never varied a single point from live) to reflect stat sheet elemental from spirit of 3sp per 1%.

BWC base x (1+(Sp/300) x (1+(%ele+%fire+%total/100)) I get that my fire damage from BWC should be 1417, it currently does half of that.

Is there a /2 modifier now for all elemental damage because it can crit?

@TheAnuhart
Could it be because Crate have changed how the modifiers work, I believe they add instead of multiplying, or something like that, not sure and trying to find the post that mentioned it ?

I really love this idea! Seems like an ideal compromise.

You’re right, of course. Practice makes perfect (well, not me, but you know… ;)). And while I’m new at GD, I’ve been playing my fair share of ARPGs. I’m just worried that the game might get tuned a bit too much to the hardcore crowd. I’ve nothing against a bit of difficulty, but not to the point where it robs me of the fun of playing the game and I lose interest in it.

And yes, I’m playing (and barely surviving :D) normal mode with veteran mode checked off. :slight_smile:

You can also share your character build using GrimCalc. You can create your build then get an URL to post in a thread in the Classes, Skills, and Builds forum.

People are friendly and will offer advice.

Edit: I’m not sure if GrimCalc is updated for B18, but it’s a start.