Build 18 is live - Let the crafting begin!

Bang on.

2 changes.
Spirit is now 3 per 1% damage, it was 2.65.
Spirit %dmg and ele/total now add together before multiplying the base.

So what was
BWC base x (1+(Sp/265) x (1+(%ele+%fire+%total/100))

is now
BWC base x (1+(Sp/300)+(%ele+%fire+%total/100))

Excuse my messy formula

Awesome update, good work Crate Entertainment.

Tried new dual-wielding pistol technique (both with marauder and relic) - awesome. I guess there’s no blueprints in the oneshot chests or other chests loot tables? Cause all of my blueprints dropped from heroes and bosses.

That is THE best idea so far. This way people who want to exploit it wouldn’t get that benefit in boss fights, or not that much but still it wouldn’t punish people like me who want to quickly jump from one pack to another.

Or just revert back to 3second x20 healing cause right now its S***, pace of the game slowed down considerably and it annoying.

Might be an idea. I’ve already been syphoning off some advice by reading about other peoples’ builds. :slight_smile:

Are you really a small team working on Grim Dawn? With no big publisher $$ backing you? :stuck_out_tongue:

After playing B18 for a little I am very impressed by this:

It looks amazing! :cool:

Also, forgot to mention that spirit damage modifier and completion bonuses +% spirit nerfed too heavily. I understand that spells can crit now, but the critical hit of spell is now my steady before patch damage, which makes ranged chaos damage builds almost useless (not tested the poison occ yet), cause all chaos spells now do a lot less damage and still have long cooldowns, and spammable fire strike was nerfed below the ground by b17 and b18 (it was OP before, but it sucks a little bit).

This was a sweet thing to see! Was so excited about all the new stuff crafting!! But Vet mode really surprised me! I was like OMG You mean the game will actually be hard for me! haha. Played a bit so far and yeah Vet mode has been sweet! I got swarmed by a bunch of monsters and had to actually run and use pots. This is great!

I had a few questions for devs or someone to answer about veteran mode!
Has there been an hp increase? Can I expect monsters to scale much more the higher the levels? I found lv30-45 monsters did not scale very much in b17 and still easily 1 shot large groups lol. I am only lv9 atm, but it does seem hp is increased?

Also how different is the levelling from b17 to b18?

And one last thing… Can we please get a total exp stat in the character 1 slot ^^; … lv35 character and still cant see the total exp it took to reach lv35. Its always a nice touch to know this little detail :slight_smile:

But very nice crate team! Hope some people help answer my questions.

I told ya,boosted damage was additive on Twitch ya dope … lol

Why you no trust me ? hahaha

=P

Suppose, defensive skills were be improved or players needed to invest in them. Sitting there after a fight would indicate that you need better armor, resists, or defensive skills. Maybe defense by offense has limits for most classes.

I don’t like the idea, however, that you need a health pool large enough to cover you long term, or you need to use health pots or wait to regen health.

The other extreme is a situation where you have a relatively small pool of health that quickly regens, so you are either dead or hoping clicks to run activate quick enough.

I have been playing a soldier without Menhir’s Will, or Cadence, and play to use only use Biitz, maybe, later on. Without some of those powerful skills, things are manageable so far but, at times, damage racks up pretty quick. I am looking at passives, fighting spirit and maybe overguard.

Keep the press! :slight_smile:

Damn, I go away for a little while, and the whole game changes :wink:

It’s nice to see you folks at Crate are still hard at work, and making an awesome game.

Okay, I’m off to try and brake your work :smiley:

so i’ve been playing b18 for a few hours and have to say:
its awesome!
the veterand difficulty is really nice for farming - so many mobs :slight_smile:
i love that spells can crit, is makes for a whole new experience with caster-builds! the crafting system: havent done much yet excep relics and talismans, but it seems to be a good start.

cant wait for more! :smiley:

Hover your mouse over the experience bar at the bottom; your total XP will be shown in the tooltip… :slight_smile:

I guess I missed that.

You know what, I tried it last night and today morning. Turned out to be a real bummer. Too bad I waited this from back 2010.

And u know what?

Its a joke!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Having a blast so far! Though I expected it from the video and obviously, feedback I read in the forum. Not that I have any doubt anyway. Read post all over the internet praising GD is one of my enlighting hobby.

Currently level15 with NB hoping to make a badass blademaster!

Keep up the work guys!

Ps: I think the ooc healing need more tweak. Yeah im aware this is on extreme low experiment. :slight_smile: but on the bright side, it keep the veteren mode challanging. Its just sometime I need to stop for quite long to regen. Still early to judge though. :smiley:

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 4

Not when your at max level :frowning: … just shows max level reached but no total exp info. I miss that in the character sheet stats.

Are there recipe/plans for epic items to craft that are not already known?

Thanks! This update is great!

I think the analysis of OOC regen should be twofold. Right now, you’re looking at the numbers. How many seconds out of combat and how much regen are very important, but it’s only one part of the equation.

After playing B18 for a few days, it’s become clear that the rules for OOC need to be looked at in conjunction with the numbers. What, essentially, defines OOC? A simple 2s of not hitting or being hit doesn’t make the system dynamic enough.

By the current ruleset, you can kite and get the OOC bonus. That makes the old 20x regen way too high. On the other hand, if you’re actually done with combat and on the low end of the HP bar, with 5x you’re waiting a lot longer to enter the next fight. The pace of the game slows down.

My suggestion would be to bring back the old 20x regen in one particular instance: Player has been both standing still and OOC for 2s. That way in-combat kiting still gains a regen bonus without breaking the balance point of healing abilities and a true waiting period between fights is diminished significantly.

I liked the idea of an increased rate for the duration of OOC that has been floating around too. Though I do think that it’s much easier to exploit that increased rate while kiting things a little too easily…which would probably never allow Crate to bring it anywhere close to a 20x rate.

Edit:

I came back after a long hiatus because of the announcement of two-hand weapons. Not that the game isn’t enjoyable, but waiting without teasers is killing me over here!

Any chance we can get some more info about the Savage and how two-hand mechanics work? Or is it out there somewhere and I’m missing it?