Build 19 - Steps of Torment and 2h melee now available!

Excellent update folks!! I really like the constitution effect on health regeneration as it is not too over powering for lower levels however really makes you think about game play as you get higher and rations are not as easy to find.

So far the game seems to have a much more even flow to it from my perspective and I also love some of the more subtle changes made such as the ‘heart beat’ when health is low & the new layout for item descriptions. If this update hasn’t answered the critics then they might as well take their mouse and go home.

Pats on the back all the way round.

Thx for this very nice update! The game is getting better and better!
Looking forward to try it out tonight:)

So far I only managed to play 20 minutes with B19. Constitution didn’t change the way I play my Demo but I need to play more.

I am just sad we need to wait for Act 3 to get the level cap up. Playing with a lvl 35 character is boring.

I guess I need to make that Two-handed Soldier focused in offense :slight_smile:

Thank you for the update. In my limited experience so far, rations seem to drop more frequently than I was expecting, and constitution drains slower. Initially I thought if you lose 25% health, it’s replaced with 25% constitution, but I’m finding it to be about half of that. At the suggestion of F33nd I created a new character to warm up to the changes and I recommend others do as well.

ah! update the first day on vacation^^ good timing and amazing build!

I pretty much like everything that I have noticed so far. Only thing I am skeptical of is the food drops and vital essence drops, they look kind of silly. But I can’t think of an alternative and their function seems worth while. Anyhow, I want M0R content. M0R. Good stuff.

Pneumatic Burst seems to have been nerfed from a % total damage modifier to a flat cold damage modifier without mention in the patch notes

)))) You are too slow

Wow! this update is amazing :smiley: no jokes it is really good :smiley:
I especially love the new font and colouring system that has been implemented for the UI! I’ve just made myself a new 2-handed class and it is going swimmingly loving it! :smiley: Also playing on Veteran mode and it is quite a lot more challenging especially at a lower level: i came across 3 spider bosses next to each other when i was in the cellar under devils crossing, and the poison damage one of them dealt was insane, i ended up dying :cry:

I think the only thing i can mention is that as you level up you become more sturdy and die less as a consequence; you normally loose less HP per hit you take. But at lower levels you take more damage due to lack of gear/skills/killing ability and I found many times at lower levels i didn’t have enough food drops to give me any constitution and ran around with none. (I am aware that between levels 1-7 or 8 you level very fast and I ended up leveling up before i ran out of constitution. However after that period bosses and mobs were a little troublesome). Playing with my level 35 characters the drop rate is fine if not perfect and I had no problems with any lack constitution, just at lower levels. i feel a bump up is needed. It was around level 20 that i felt i could progress quickly and dispatch bosses easily enough to never run out of constitution.

Thanks Dev’s, good work as usual!

Oh wow, and the Slaughter relic was completely destroyed in the patch to the point that the heavy cost isn’t remotely worth it anymore. Ouch :frowning:

The +1 skills to nightblade is still there, it’s just a display bug.

Is this on a relic crafted before the patch? Maybe the nerf only applies post-patch.

There was no nerf. It’s a display issue. If you equip it, you will notice that you still get +1 to all Nightblade skills.

Alright, thanks :slight_smile:

Didn’t nightblades shadow dance used to have +33% health regen? Gone now :confused:

Ha, having great fun with two-handed melee Demolitionist. Didn’t intend to play two-handed particularly, but the first weapon that dropped was a Greatsword so I decided to try it out.

Must say Scrap has been on the thin side today. 3 separate play sessions with Black2 (L14) and she’s only collected 7 pieces in total so far right up to the Flooded Passage riftgate. Couldn’t tackle Viloth until she reached L12 because the scrap just wasn’t appearing. Guess it’s not my lucky scrap day. :frowning:

A thought re the food, vital essence, unclaimed meals would be to make them collectible like potions so they could be consumed when needed. Sometimes I’m wondering if I’ll find any to boost my Constitution, the next I’m eating them when I don’t really need to which seems a waste to me. Yes, I could just ignore them, but that just doesn’t seem right to me. Waste not, want not in the world of Grim Dawn so don’t expect me to leave food, etc, lying about. :wink:

Did anyone get a skeleton key blueprint along with their skeleton key? I could have swore it said that was one of the quest rewards but my inventory was full and all I got was a key.

I got the blueprint when I completed the quest. I also got COMPLETELY destroyed inside of the new area. I think I made it 3 rooms in? There is an event that keeps spawning Heroes and they just decimated me.

Looks like the labeling of Tonic of Mending is still weird… when you pick them up and look at them in your inventory they say tonic of Mending, yet when you scroll over them in the toolbar they say “health potion”.

Same goes for energy potions.