Build 22 - Instanced Loot, Expanded Storage and More! (Changelog)

Read the Arcanist section of the build notes, fourth bullet. :slight_smile:

Go back and reread them itā€™s the 2nd to last thing noted.

Welp I guess I need to go back to elementary school

E: In my defense I scanned for ā€œMaivenā€ and it wasnā€™t there because they got lazy!

The storage ā€¦ I love you guys :ā€™)

So many good small improvements makes the game over-all much better. Nice work guys.

Hoorah! B22ā€™s here! :smiley: Starting a Spellbreaker to try this one out as I havenā€™t got one yet. Looking forward to having even more fun.

without an increase in level cap I see no reason to play

itā€™s nice to have the extra stash space, but to fill it up means killing a bunch of monsters that I get ZERO xp for

I did the update, played for 15 minutes
and itā€™s basically like having no update at all

Not all updates have to be content update or the level cap to be worthwhile. As noted in the development notes, this is a quality of life update. I, for one, welcome the new improvement to inventory management which many were looking forward to.

" inventory management " ??
so I can click a button to autocombine items ?
whoopee !

consider monsters scale would it really have been so bad to bump the max char level up to 38 ?

Iā€™m already fighting monsters that are level 41

Awesome!! Now I can play multiplayer without worry of people spazing on me for picking up items! Honestly listening to those ppl cry over not seeing its stats was annoying! Downloading now! Canā€™t wait for the big act 3! I plan to start a fresh new character when that big update happens.

Edit: So just confused at this one. Notes stateā€¦

[Tech]
Item tooltips that are too long will no longer clip the top off on smaller resolutions

But this still happening? lol
Also note this is 1600x1200 res.

Ok think I am done with Steps of Torment runs in this build until we see blue drops from Elites and Bosses again. When you do see some you get 2 or 3 of the same ones in a row. Havenā€™t got a blue anything from Alkamos this build and that is A LOT of work to end up with nothing!

I really donā€™t see the point in reducing conflagrations damage. Itā€™s not even that powerful until you get 350 + fire damage. they should have reduced phantasmal blades damage instead. Currently on my phantasmal blades character Iā€™m throwing out five blades at once, each hitting for over a thousand damage, critting for 2500 or more. There are builds that rely on conflagration for bosses. This reduction to conflagration was uncalled for and is a load of bull dung IMO.

The devs have said multiple times that until more content is released the level cap will not be increasing. If you cannot play without gaining any exp then probably best to roll another char, or do you intend to play the entire game with just one single char.

Most people who continue to play after the level cap seem to enjoy getting the best loot and gear they can. Plus you can get some very nice drops that are above your level so when the cap does increase you have good gear ready to use.

Still itā€™s entirely your choice to play or not. Iā€™m happy with this build, itā€™s what it said it would be and the first part of act 3 is now on the testing stage before being released to everyone.

Now the bottom is being clipped offā€¦

Yeah it clips from top and bottom if I reduce my res any lower than 1600x1200. I donā€™t think that part has been actually fixed?

nice patch, additional storage already full though :smiley:

Arcanist changes are appropriate imho but the Sphereā€™s nerf will ruin some builds iā€™m sure :stuck_out_tongue:

It was stronger than a rank 16 Aether Ray. It was very much called for. :cool:

To be fair, I think Aether damage is very lackluster at the moment. Any other type of damage just scales better.

In what ways does Aether damage scale less than other damage types?

• Aether doesnā€™t have any dedicated buff in skill trees, like IEE for elemental, SWF for chaos/vitality/poison, FT for fire. The only Aether damage passive is Fabric of Reality, which is very deep into the Arcanist tree. Also, elemental damage types get double dipping from both +elemental and +fire/cold/lightning damage bonuses.

• Aether damage on spells is usually pretty low compared to the other attached damage types ; Callidorā€™s and PRMā€™s aether damage ratios are pretty low, Aether Ray is almost a 50-50 between fire and aether

• Aether doesnā€™t scale with elemental damage, which I think is fine but, added to all the previous points, contributes to make it underwhelming

• Lack of Aether based items and materias

Thatā€™s all I can think about at the moment.