Build 8 - Minor Fixes

We just put up a new build that will be a 12.2mb download. It doesn’t change much, just disables a check for virtual memory that was causing some people issues and has minor adjustments to a couple skills.

how soon before it hit steam? im on offline mode is why im asking…thanks!

Will there be a full changelog for every patch or is that too time-consuming?

Every update to the alpha is automatically pushed to steam, I assume?

yes any updates released will update the game, no different to any other steam game

hey, just wondering i havent seen steam do this update does it take time for the patch to go though valve ?.

That’s the beauty of it. :slight_smile:

Will you guys be providing high level patch notes with each build so we can see what the changes are?

Yes! I contributed to the first Alpha update :smiley:
Now I can turn my Page File Size down to 0 again.

Steam just gave me a LARGE update. Well done, Crate!

Game updated. Not sure what was fixed.

Looks like they disabled monster level scaling.

It is alpha, so they are probably seeing what disabling that feature does for the game play.

Cool. I hope its still there but doesn’t scale quite as high (I.e. Warden +4 levels).

NO NO NO :furious:

please put moster scaling BACK IN

With this latest patch you force us to hunt in the highest level areas

the alpha is already super small already so you want to confine it to an even SMALLER area?

common it was fine as it was i love the freedom to level up and hunt where ever i wish just like in the previous patch :frowning:

I’m hoping they will establish a happy medium between the two.

The alpha is for them to test the game, you having fun is secondary. I think they will add it back if they think it is the right thing to do. Consider you had all acts and difficulties, then no monster scaling would not be so bad, since you could always progress to the next monsters. Monster scaling is only a good idea since the current area is so small.

Alpha of course is troubleshooting. However “Fun” is what makes or breaks a game once its released.

I have never heard a rational or cohesive argument against level scaling.

Think of it this way “Gosh i love to hunt humans in the town outskirts”

with no level scaling “yeah you can hunt them for the 2-3 levels you can get experience and loots from them but after that you can see them again next difficulty setting, WE want you to move on”

I will say it again without level scaling the vast majority of areas in the game simply will not be accessible to your character.

I was incredibly impressed that Crate recognized and fixed this problem right away when the first alpha was released, not to mention the closed alpha that been going on for some time WITH level scaling.

Grim Dawn corrected my main problem with Titan Quest and almost all other ARPG’s, that only certain areas can be played at certain times.

Grim Dawn fixed this.

I can think of a couple off the top of my head, but bear in mind I actually liked the way it was. I think the first area cap was 14, so it didn’t scale all the way up to your level, it did have a hard cap. Since this is alpha though, I’m glad they’re messing around with stuff like this to see what a happy medium is.

1. People that genuinely have trouble with the difficulty, will find it impossible to farm mobs a little lower than them in order to get a level or two so they can compete in the next area, since they will always scale with them.
  2. A little bit of that ‘progression’ feeling is lost when the monsters are always the same level, or power as you.
  3. Some people enjoy farming low level mobs in order to obtain loot for their lower level characters.

Also, you can always keep the all monsters at max level type thing for the final difficulty.

I thought the scaling was okay in DC, when my commando level up to 18 - I hit their level cap around 16.