Build Compendium VIII

You might have to post it in compendium 5 as this is more or less reserved for players with the AoM expansion.

Yeah, just a thought as I said. Start off as is now and see how it goes. If it’s getting too unwieldy having all of them together we can split them off later. :slight_smile:

when i finishd to fix the rr and da you know i alwys have a prblm with rr and da oa x)

I’ll happily include any builds which:

1. Are designed with the mechanics of AoM and FG in mind
  2. Are formatted properly
  3. Does what it is advertised to do.

For example, a correctly formatted submission which claims to be able to clear 170 but is hyperlinked to a GT link of a level 2 spec will not be included.

It’s pretty much all explained in the FAQ. I suggest you have a quick read if you haven’t already done so. :slight_smile:

well i have this build for the moment i couldnt get max pierce ressis.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4VxYzXJZ

thx to feelgodstoya he helped me a lot.

Bro. If this was a submission request, I have to say you didn’t do a single thing right.

I’m not even mad. I found it hilarious. :smiley:

EDIT: Use golemborn greaves for shoes and 12/12 war cry.

2nd EDIT: Please don’t use this as a place to dump GT links.

I would like to limit the discussions here to:

1. Suggestions on how to improve the compendium
  2. Questions regarding the compendium
  3. Submissions
  4. And the occasional tangential post. :slight_smile:

what r u saying is this build is usless ? or it worth posting on compendium VIII

I can’t tell if you’re trolling me or not…

To all current/interested authors: Please give the ‘New players/Crucible (Special FAQ),’ ‘Rules for posting’ and the ‘Guidelines for posting’ sections a quick read. :slight_smile:

Q. Is this Compendium helpful to me if I DO NOT possess Ashes of Malmouth DLC?

If you are someone who DOES NOT possess ASHES OF MALMOUTH DLC then this compendium is all but useless to you. The builds you are looking for can be found in Build Compendium V.

xD idk what r u talking about anyway ty and good luck.

He’s saying that there’s a certain application form to file if you want your build to be in compendium. Moreover:

1. Build needs to have a dedicated thread. There are no strict rules what the thread should have but it needs to present some content - screenshots, videos, comments etc. Look at any build in the compendium to get the general idea.

Simply giving a GT link won’t do. Compendium is not just a collection of GT links which can be theorycrafted en masse. It’s a collection of high efford builds.

1. Compendium doesn’t accept vanilla builds as a rule. Your characters still has non-mythical items, so you basically just took your vanilla build and did a few tweaks thinking it’ll be okay. Sorry, but no, it won’t do.

by mythical items umean items who can be droped from boss like alkamos rings and sharzul ? i dont know witch apk to record ur self and there is a lot of talking in present build like you do guys and talking to much is not my thing xD

There is a way to squeeze in posts retroactively, but I do not recommend it, because from my experience permalinks to specific posts will not work properly then.

With FG being released in a few(?) months I suggest to start a new compendium then and to keep this one as resource for people who only have the first expansion - similar to the build compendium V. My guess is we are fine with the number of reserved posts for the rest of the AoM period.

is there a new expansion ?

No, mythical items is just an item tier above normal/empowered. Ofcourse you don’t know about it since you don’t have Ashes of Malmouth where they were introduced. My bad, I guess.

You say talking isn’t your thing. How come you have 100+ posts in less than a month already?

And what the hell is witch apk?

There will be sometime later this year.

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68923

[ul]
[li][Caster] [1.0.6.1] (g4) The Red Knight – A Bleeding/Vit. Conjurer (Belzzz)[/li][LIST]
[li]Damage : Vitality, Bleeding.[/li]
[li]Active skills : Sigil of Consumption, Curse of Frailty, Blood of Dreeg, Wendigo Totem, Devouring Swarm, Grasping Vines, Savagery.[/li]
[li]Passive skills : Solael’s Witchfire, Possession, Mogdrogen’s Pact.[/li]
[li]WPS : None.[/li]
[/ul][/LIST]

Sir sir spanksalot, thank you for deciding to succeed to Chthon and ensure that the Compendium will shine in all its beauty. Long live the Compendium!

@eisprinzessin: Sounds like a plan. Let’s cross that bridge when we get to it. Thanks! :slight_smile:

@alv4H: It’s very simple really.
> Because you do not have AoM, you should submit your builds to Compendium V.

> The build compendium is a very exhaustive build resource geared at compiling the many guides people have taken the time to write. Readers of the compendium generally like to see pictures, and read up on the explanation/rationale behind the build. They would want to know about the strengths and weaknesses of the build, how difficult it is to gear for, is it designed for the crucible, etc. etc. etc. It is for this very reason that the previous authors of the compendium have written such detailed guidelines for submission.

> You are more than welcome to post a single GT link on the forums, but the compendium is NOT the place for it. Doing so here will just make things difficult for me. I hope you can understand. :slight_smile:

@Belzzz: Don’t mention it. Happy to help. I’ll be adding your post and the rest of the posts still sitting in compendium 7 over the next day or 2.

In the meantime, can I trouble you to add indentations to your submission? (I’m trying to get all interested authors to do this. It’ll make consolidation a lot simpler for me.)

If you’re not familiar with how to indent:

1. Click ‘go advanced’
  2. Click ‘Unordered list’
  3. Type in the tittle of the build with the tags, etc.
  4. Press cancel
  5. Start a new line --> Click Increase indent
  6. Click ‘Unordered list’
  7. Press enter each time you want to start a new bullet point
  8. Press cancel.

EDIT: Thanks Belzzz, you legend. :slight_smile:

I don’t understand where the (INTEND) & (/INTEND) have to be placed ?

(LIST)
() Title of the Build
(
) Active skills: blabla
() Passive skills: blabla
(
) WPS: blabla
(/LIST)

PM’d you :slight_smile:

EDIT: You did it perfectly. Thanks so much for accommodating my laziness!

Compendium 5 is already closed. A mod can open it again but it’s no use since Dikkie isn’t here anymore and unless a mod takes the time to add builds it won’t happen. There’s no place to post pre xpac builds now aside from the main forum.

@alv4H - I recommend testing one of your ideas by yourself first and focus on making that concept work well instead of just dumping a lot of concepts anywhere. You won’t get any progress by moving through different concepts without testing them. I can tell cause you submitted a level 100 pre aom build (again). Game experience > any theorycrafting you can ever do. Experienced builders will be able to tell how a build will do in certain areas thanks to their experience, so you should work on your experience and game knowledge first before dabbling into lots of builds. Also, I highly recommend buying expansion :stuck_out_tongue: