Build Compendium X (Forgotten Gods)

My builds will look something like this
Ravenous Earth Cabalist - an update of Nightmare’s guide [Caster][Vitality][Cabalist][FG 1.1.2.x]
so I guess 99% will still download pdf-version :newspaper:

If it’s something like this I won’t have any problem with adding it even to general compendium if you decide to file an application form.

as long as not rules like “the submission must be aesthetically pleasing to read” will be established then it will just take 5 min/guide for me

Oh, so links to hosts other than google drive is a no? I myself am using issuu.com/ as host atm.

I’m not really a fan of extra rules. Compendium had worked for many years without them based entirely on community consensus. Unless some people start to ignore the unwritten consensus and abuse the fact that rules aren’t clearly stated I don’t plan to introduce any new rules. But if that happens I’ll crack down on it asap.

As for the beginner build extra section - if you’re in doubt just ask. If it is not against the best interests of beginners or this community’s then chances are I’d be more lax.

@Maya I don’t care what hosting it is as long as it 's just a file hosting.

1 Like

I will just link the thread here incase. Let me know if anything needs changed. The Carnival - A Guide to Pets

The forum Submission can be made to link to the second post if needed as that is the compact form of the guide for inclusion into the forum

Ok, just let me return from my vacation and I’ll think how to stitch it all together.

1 Like

Alright. Take your time :yum:

1 Like

:beach_umbrella: :dragon: :beer:

1 Like
  • [Caster] [1.1.2.5] (hc) (g4) The Fallen Arcanist - AAR/Doom Bolt (Twan)
    • Damage: Aether
    • Active Skills: Doom Bolt, Aether Ray, Blood of Dreeg, Curse of Frailty, Nullifcation, Mirror of Ereoctes, Bloody Pox
    • Passive Skills: Iskandra’s Elemental Exchange, Maiven’s Sphere of Protection, Reckless Power, Arcane Resonance
    • WPS Skills: none

Hey guys, for what it’s worth, I would appreciate any format that minimizes the amount of bb/html coding required to submit the build, especially since the new forum doesn’t support a lot of the old ease-of-use features (color picking, etc.).

I support the notion that the compendium should be recognizable and easy to read, but I also support a submitter-friendly format that doesn’t require spending the same amount of time on the compendium submission as the original thread :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, I agree with the argument that WPS skills used are not a particularly useful requirement. There might be more “none” submissions than otherwise at this point. “Devotion Skills Used” I think would be more useful, because virtually all builds use those, and they can tell a lot more about the build at a glance than what WPS skills are used, if any.

Then again, I don’t really know why WPS skills are so important to note, anyway. Most of the time, I know what WPS skills are going to be used just by seeing “melee” and looking at the class. Is that a holdover from a time when they were more important? Or am I just missing something?

You can copy/paste mine and refill the details with your specifications.

Needs more colour :stuck_out_tongue:

RIP, back to google for fat fixes!

[color=yellowgreen] text here [/color]

becomes

text here

You’re a life saver! I was about to fumble through color codes.

I just copy pasted from Omnitrio’s format given a bit above :wink:

This should give you everything you need:

https://absitomen.com/index.php?topic=331.0

Appreciate that!

My post looks fine in preview but changes everything to yellow green after submitting. Hmmm.

1 Like

Link the post and i’ll look at it.

nevermind i see it

hmm:

• [Caster] [1.1.2.5] (hc) (g4) The Fallen Arcanist - AAR/Doom Bolt (Twan)
    • Damage: Aether
    • Active Skills: Doom Bolt, Aether Ray, Blood of Dreeg, Curse of Frailty, Nullifcation, Mirror of Ereoctes, Bloody Pox
    • Passive Skills: Iskandra’s Elemental Exchange, Maiven’s Sphere of Protection, Reckless Power, Arcane Resonance
    • WPS Skills: none

I’ll have to fiddle with it but it’s probably a spacing/linebreak issue since Discourse can be finicky with that.

Ahh found it.

* [color=yellowgreen][Caster] [1.1.2.5]  (hc) (g4) [The Fallen Arcanist - AAR/Doom Bolt](https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/1-1-2-5-hc-aar-warlock-the-fallen-arcanist/82798) (Twan)<div data-theme-tiles="1">[/color]
  * [color=yellowgreen]Damage: Aether[/color]
  * [color=yellowgreen]Active Skills[/color]: Doom Bolt, Aether Ray, Blood of Dreeg, Curse of Frailty, Nullifcation, Mirror of Ereoctes, Bloody Pox
  * [color=yellowgreen]Passive Skills[/color]: Iskandra's Elemental Exchange, Maiven's Sphere of Protection, Reckless Power, Arcane Resonance
  * WPS Skills: none

It was this bit of code

<div data-theme-tiles="1">

That appears to have been tripping it up. Remove it and it fixes it.

1 Like