Build Compendium X (Forgotten Gods)

Yes, it is pretty impossible to formulate clear rules for gear obtainability (just too many variables); they are decent guidelines when trying to decide if a build can be build by someone realistically. Personally, they helped me a lot in my early days of GD :slight_smile:

Because they are (imho) just guidelines, however, I’d suggest to just leave the rules as they are & to not take too many pains from worrying how they could be improved; in the end, loot drops are completely random in every individual case anyways, so how easy something is to build varies greatly from person to person either way :wink:

Edit: thank you for adding my Cyclone build btw!

1 Like

Please enlighten me: What´s G2/G3 anyway?

Gear dependency tags.

Agreed. The only problem is when people chime in again and make criticisms which is surely annoying. What we can do for now is just to giff dragon our energy

• [Caster] [1.1.4.0] (g4) (c+) The Binder Strikes Back (x1x1x1x2)
    • Damage: Aether
    • Active Skills: Callidor’s Tempest, Devastation, Ravenoys Earth, Nullification, Mark of Torment, Mirror of Ereoctes
    • Passive Skills: IEE, Maiven’s Sphere of Protection, Spectral Binding, Reckless Power
    • WPS Skills: Hmmmm. Nope

Thanks Dragon!

1 Like

[Caster] [1.1.4.0] (g4) (c+) (sr+) (vid) AAR Spellbinder Neon Light Celestial God Slayer (Chad p)

• Damage: Aether
  • Active Skills: Siphon Soul, Aether Corruption, Bloodthirster, Ravenous Earth, Devastation, Mirror of Ereoctes, Nullification, Mark of Torment
  • Passive Skills: Maiven’s Sphere of Protection, Reckless Power, Spectral Binding, Iskandra’s Elemental Exchange.
  • WPS Skills:
1 Like

Thanks again for the builds everyone and the efforts you all put into making this beautiful game more amazing than it already is! Haven’t been on for a while - but back ready to roll lol! Thanks again!! Baz

Hey Stupid Dragon, please add my new builds to the compendium!

• [Caster] [1.1.4.0] (g3) (c+) (vid) The Undead Shinobi of Cairn - PB Reaper, Gladiator in ~ 6 minutes (Nery)

• Damage: Vitality
    • Active Skills: Phantasmal Blades, Ring of Steel, Ravenous Earth, Pneumatic Burst, Mark of Torment, Displacement, Blade Spirits
    • Passive Skills: Harbinger of Souls, Veil of Shadow, Spectral Binding, Presence of Might x2, Eldritch Ruminations
    • WPS Skills: none
  • [DW Melee] [1.1.4.0] (g4) (c+) (vid) Vileblade DW Acid Witch Hunter (Nery)

• Damage: Acid,Poison
    • Active Skills: Amarasta’s Blade Burst, Bloody Pox, Blood of Dreeg, Pneumatic Burst, Blade Spirits, Curse of Frailty, Shadow Strike, Displacement
    • Passive Skills: Veil of Shadow, Envenomed Weapons x2, Possession
    • WPS Skills: Execution, Whirling Death, Belghotian’s Shears, Amarasta’s Quick Cut
1 Like
  • [2H Melee] [1.1.4.1] (g3) (sr) World On Fire - Fire FW Commando (afanasenkov26)

• Damage: Fire, Burn
    • Active Skills: Forcewave, Shar’zul’s Wrath, Blitz, Blackwater Cocktail, Thermite Mine, Flashbang, Displacement
    • Passive Skills: Oleron’s Wrath, Flame Touched, Vindicative Flame, Field Command, Burning Weapons
    • WPS Skills: none
1 Like
  • [DW Melee] [1.1.4.1] (g3) (c+) (vid) Pure E Fiah - Dual Wield Melee Purifier (malawiglenn)

• Damage: Fire
    • Active Skills: Fire Strike, Thermite Mine, Flashbang, Inquisitor Seal, Word of Renewal, Rush
    • Passive Skills: Flame Touched, Vindicitive Flame, Aura of Censure, Deadly Aim, Blast Shield, Serenity
    • WPS Skills: Burning Void x 2, Korvaak’s Brand

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

can someone point me to a Retaliation build?

2 Likes

ok I did that, but I was looking in the wrong place, I was looking for damage type like pets to be Retaliation

This was added to build submission guide.

All mentions of Presence of Might, Whirling Blades, Chilling Weapons, etc were purged.

Given the recent problems with grimtools availability from now on it is mandatory to have a screenshot of your in-game character sheet (gear + page 1) in your build thread. Builds already submitted can stay as is.
I’ll accept build submissions without grimtools link while it is down.

I’m also looking into further improvements on ease of submission and readability front. For now I’m thinking how to deal with WPS Skills: None line - it clutters compendium quite a bit.

Two solutions I came up with are:

• Move WPS into passive skills
  • Remove WPS Skills line if there are none

Example 1:

• [DW Melee] [1.1.1.2] (g3) (c+) (sr) (vid) Cholol, the Breathtaking - Deathmarked Blademaster, Gladiator (6:08) and SR 80 viable (veretragna)

• Damage: Cold
    • Active Skills: Cadence, Shadow Strike, Amarasta’s Blade Burst, Ring of Steel, Pneumatic Burst, Reaper’s Mark, Icechill, Blade Spirit
    • Passive Skills: Field Command, Fighting Spirit, Veil of Shadow, Oleron’s Rage, Markovian’s Advantage, Belgothian’s Shears, Whirling Death, Execution

Example 2:

• [2H Melee] [1.1.4.1] (g3) (sr) World On Fire - Fire FW Commando (afanasenkov26)

• Damage: Fire, Burn
    • Active Skills: Forcewave, Shar’zul’s Wrath, Blitz, Blackwater Cocktail, Thermite Mine, Flashbang, Displacement
    • Passive Skills: Oleron’s Wrath, Flame Touched, Vindicative Flame, Field Command
  • Move WPS into passive skills
  • Remove WPS Skills line if there are none

0 voters

1 Like

@Stupid_Dragon , please keep WPS line if your character have them in the submission!

In current days with the search ability in the forum, the compendium isn’t that mandatory, but is still the easiest to access database for all the builds posted in the forum.

So can we keep the old approach? And WPS just write: None.

1 Like

So, the currently winning poll option? Sure, it’ll probably be the case.

Why would you want to keep WPS Skills: none?

It doesn’t really matter to me if you write none or just empty space. But some people might think, the builder forgot to include it, after so much time of being in the compendium.

I think often changes of submissions format, can create confusions for non regular players and more importantly create extra workload for you, Stupid Dragon!

I think you’re overthinking it. Pretty sure most people read only Damage type and Active Skills at best when looking for a build to play.

If the “Remove WPS Skills line if there are none” keeps winning then the only change to submission format would look like that:

• If your build got no WPS Skills then this line should be omitted

As for buildmakers who’re not aware of that I’ll just simply remove it myself from their submission. I fix ppl’s typos all the time anyway.

It would take a hour at best for me, but potentially save time for other people who read through the compendium.

1 Like

OK, @Stupid_Dragon , good arguments, I agree. So no problems with your proposed changes!

1 Like
  • [2H melee/caster] [1.1.4.1] (g3) (c ) (sr+) Piercing elements with 2H melee/caster tactician (banana peel)

• Damage: Pierce
    • Active Skills: Cadence, Inquisitor Seal, Rune of Haggard, Word of Pain, Stormbox of Elgoroth, War Cry, Word of Renewal, Blitz, Displacement
    • Passive Skills: Deadly Momentum, Deadly Aim, Aura of Conviction, Menhir’s Will
    • WPS Skills: None
1 Like