[Build Showcase] Patch 1.2 Lost Souls Cabalist. Lightning Pets. Endgame & Celestials viable

Since there was a recent outcry about pets being “dead” I decided to throw myself at them for the first time as well and spend hours of my evening grim-tool’ing this up.
To bash my head against the wall even harder I went for lightning pets which were, iirc, said to be in not that great of a spot in the first place.

This is the build in question going against one of the pinnacle endgame bosses, the Ravager of Souls, who got demolished pretty damn fast.

As someone who has very little experience with pets I think this result speaks for itself that pets (at least this archetype!) is in a pretty good spot.

Here also are kills of the other 2 ravagers even tho these are a lot more sketchy but doable as well!

Also fyi: SR (75-76 runs) & MC dungeons are pretty smooth as well!
I can add a video regarding that tomorrow, just wanted to get this outa the way b4 I head off.

I’m by no means an expert when it comes to running pets through SR but this should give you a general idea.

Here’s also a Callagadra kill within a reasonable amount of time!
Yes, pets died and I had to resummon a bunch but that is fine VS a pinnacle boss imo.
After playing this build a bit more I think it might actually be one of the more balanced pet builds out there atm.

Lokarr & Avatar of Mogdrogen (the hardest out’a all the celestials for this build!) as well:

Let me know what u think. :wink:

Cheers, Mergo! :clinking_glasses:

7 Likes

Character moved, build invalid 0/10.

3 Likes

:sob:

Added the promissed video of SR fyi.

EDIT: And also one of Callagadra.

How many times do you have to move/dodge a boss’s attack w your own builds CT? calling invalid is hogwash.

1 Like

He was joking… :sweat_smile:
I know them from a discord.

Bu bu bu bu but you’re moving :cry:

1 Like

I will move… again… and again… aaaaaaaaand again!!!

AND YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO STOP ME!!!

BUUHAHAHAHAHAAA!!! :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Pet builds are very good. Well the ones that do not use physical damage.
Ps i would consider your build a very offensively oriented build. 48% physical resistance and 118 health regeneration and 1700 armor. You would struggle if they added a superboss with homeing attacks that you can not avoid.

Your pet build is better then the build I am playing. I need 5-10 minutes to kill callagadra/ ravager of minds. It is just that that build can take a hit or 2 from the super boss and not die.

I am so careless that I would probably die quite a bit in SR with that build. Then again I can only kill superbosses with a pet build and not die.

Ps can you also make a video without so many potions so I can see how it works without them? It would be nice to know how good your build is without consumables so i can compare builds with different players. Most pet builds can kill the superbosses espeacially now that they nerfed Callagadra.

1 Like

The Pokemon video I sent you worked, Plan successful Fwuff Scorv

1 Like

1 Like

Can’t tell rly.
As said, literally my 1st proper pet toon so I don’t know how well or bad phys pets are atm.

Sometimes a good offense is a good defense! :wink:
In this case I have 2 hellhound and 1 blight fiend and each of them can take aggro while my other minions can happily go crazy. :partying_face:
Nah, doubt I would tbh.
Get used to timings, patterns, learn when to avoid, when to tank and what not.
Being a souls player as well certainly helps me here! :grin:

I dont see why I should, usage of pharma is fine, imo, against pinnacle bosses.
Besides… Ravager barely ever hit me as you can see in the vid so there wouldn’t rly be a change & for Callagadra I’d just be more careful and the fight would probably take a bit longer.

I do play mainly SR so u’ll learn with time too! :slight_smile:

Quite a new player here, this build is looking really cool! Quick question, can this be used as a levelling build? If not, which one of Maya’s builds would you recommend for levelling that can be used for this build later?

1 Like

Maya doesn’t have a pet Cabalist leveling build atm :sweat_smile:

not sure I would recommend this to a new player.

thanks a lot! :+1:

Skeletons with some pet items picked up along the way (pls do research regarding these urself!) should get you through normal difficulty and parts of elite for the most part without too many issues I think.

This guy also has all sorts of leveling advice FYI:

That being said this build requires some very specific endgame items to work properly.
(See: lost souls set, 2x glyph rings, myth. voidmancer cord & stormbringer of malmouth offhand.)

What?! U dont?!
What is this heresy?! :exploding_head:
MAKE ONE, NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOWWW!!
REEEEEEEE! :laughing: :grin:

2 Likes

I tried Lightning pet Cabalist right after the patch 1.2 release, and the 100% vitality/ acid conversion buff to off-hand and belt are very good indeed. Till now i see someone else had already got this concept, i want to share my own version as well:

Build has no green, and i have a different devo map rather than @MergosWetNurse build (and i feel like my devo more actually). Here are some feedback base on my own exp:

• Lost soul set is so great. But for some reason my experience with Vitality pet Lost soul is the worst one. Lightning got buff to the same level as chaos Lost soul, and Vitality is the worst
  • Lightning pet now is very fun to play with, better than Lightning Bysmiel Conjurer in my book despite lack of RR, but build is somewhat squishy as hell, when you only have a big Servant to tank for your char (Skeletons are die very fast as usual), compare to other Necropet builds that use Reap Spirit (much better tanker)

Added videos for the other two ravagers as well fyi! :partying_face: :tada:

:deer: of souls is the easiest for this build, followed by :deer: of minds & :deer: of flesh is the hardest cuz these bleeding pools rly eat away at your pets a lot!

Would you mind explaining the Devotion progression because it looks like I’m stuck at 16 points in and I can’t progress any further…

So far I have

• Red, Purp and Blue at Crossroads
  • Jackal full
  • Shepherd’s Crook full
  • Empty Throne full

Then I can’t go any further because I need 1 green affinity I don’t have (Same for Yellow later on), and I can’t see on your link where you’re getting it from :confused:

this is probably not optimal for actual play while leveling but like this Level 100 (GD 1.2.0.2) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

From what you have now:

• get green xroad
  • raven
  • crown
  • remove green xroad
  • get yellow xroad
  • dryad
  • remove yellow xroad
  • typhos
  • lizard
  • widow
  • remove lizard