Buildings size ! Make 5x5 park be 6x6 ! ^^'

Hi folks !
Nothing too serious, but just wanted to say that the size of some buildings, big 5x5 park more precisely, is killing my lay out ! ^^’
Town center is 6x6, and I love to make a large main avenue with 2 roads starting from it and trying to maniacly put buildings with a bit of symmetery… So 5x5 park does not perfectly fit in that way of doing ! Sorry but this is very important to me ! Haha ! lol life is hard when you’re a bit maniac ! ^^’

PS : Same for Theatre ! They are 5x5 ! (AND with the “enter” section a bit on a diagonal line… So I can’t… It’s not… Oh well… ^^’ )

2 Likes

fill in the empty space with other decorations. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Yeah that’s what I do of course, or i do larger areas etc… Just wanted to share this as it sometimes bugs me ^^
I saw some wonderful huge city designs so I know it’s only me bugging with this, but sometimes i’d like to be able to have that 5x5 park other way… Same for theatres, i’d like to be able to put it on a main road and have the entrance in the middle… But i’m totally ok with it ! Nothing too serious ! That game is great !

But not everyone likes this simple symmetry. Offering a range of deco options in different sizes will always leave you with some not fitting your 6 tile focus, but they’re still important to other players.

3 Likes

No, make the town center be 5x5. And odd number is easier to center :grin:

5 Likes

The only problem is the other decorations do not work together and so just looks ugly. :frowning:

How about you use the extra tile lane to turn the neighbouring road into a nice tree-lined avenue? Or maybe alternating maple trees and shrubs for a lense dense look. You can even place a cobble square tile to create an entrance “road” to the centre of your park entrance on that side, flanked by the trees.
Go get creative! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Agreed, but for smaller places it is harder, for example a well

Personally, I think we should be able to make a park any size we want, with expanding costs and desirability based on size of park. Build them out just like we do planting fields.

2 Likes

That would be pretty cool, but fields are just duplicates of the same over and over… and I assume you don’t want the small garden time 25.
It could automatically chose from the park or garden ‘presets’ when drawing over sufficient sizes though. And maybe stretch out the bigger ones by duplicating the centre if you expanding to even bigger sizes. Would be pretty neat.

Perhaps I’m wrong, but as there are already people making mods for the game, I’m hoping we get an asset workshop, I’m not sure, but I’m hoping that’s how we’ll get more variety of buildings, decorations etc, and how there’s scope for more variety within food categories etc, eg potatoes as a root crop etc.

2 Likes

Ah yes, I’ll start buying more RAM then, I remember the heaps of awesome assets from cities:skylines I kept collecting, even after I stopped actually playing…

I think I had something like 17 different metro stations at last count, I know that problem. I play Cities on console now so it’s just all the flavours of vanilla for me…

1 Like