Builds that can kill Ravager

Read the original post :smiley:

The guy doesn’t want Retaliation builds

I blame my inability to read on my squinty asian eyes. :stuck_out_tongue:

Probably, but “any build” means anything from tank to dps, with and without a shield.

OP said that it has to have decent clear speed and no uber tanky super boring retaliation/pet builds. So, he needs to provide proofs other than what the OP’s asked.

Dude. Mad_lee’s belgothian infiltrator slayed the beast.

If a DW pierce infiltrator isn’t DPS, then I don’t know what is.

I never claimed any build can do it (but I am told any build can indeed do it), I only specified build types that I was personally experienced with

> DoT Caster
> Shotgun Caster
> Kiting Caster

The rest of the builds I linked are not builds that I personally tested on super bosses but they are builds that have been made by reputable theorycrafters so it’s safe to say those builds can kill him as well

Ptirodaktill never said “any build” either, so you’re quoting him out of context. His full comment was -

60% Physical Resist along with Okayish sustain pretty much disqualifies many builds. His comment meant that builds with these two things can safely face tank him

Dude, look again who I quoted.

Ok. Dis guy is 4 reel.

I’m out, homies. Good luck!

Ah I completely overlooked User_name’s comments. I won’t refute his comment since I have been told by experienced theorycrafters that it is indeed possible to kill Ravager with any build with special prep.
While I doubt it myself but seeing a Pierce build do it really makes me wonder. I already linked JoV’s build and Krieg DK probably still beats him. I still doubt the “any” part tbh.

The only thing I can say for certain is that DoT casters (higher the ticks, higher the kill speed), Mortar Trap Casters, Rune of Hagarrad and Devastation casters can easily kill him.

Anyway, the point is that DA abuse builds aren’t the only ones that can beat him reliably

Noted. Was about to provide some random builds from this sub forum because he said “any build” can beat him. :smiley:

Can’t believe the DA crap is on again. Imo if this goes on thread should be closed. This has been long discussed arduously and voted on and talked over by devs etc.

DA abuse on all build was an extremely cheap mechanic

Sir Spanksalot mentioned my build here, well here it is, Crucible setup. For Ravager you want slap on Aegis relic + Golemborn greaves with Enchanted Earth (plus move some skill points around), and you will have yourself an easy and safe 3-5 minute kill.

Thanks everyone for their input! I wanted to try this build http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71965&page=4, but I am not sure if its capable of killing Ravager. Do u guys think its possible?

OFC its possible. You just need Word of Pain and Box onepointers to trigger RR devotions. Run around the tree or altar for ~19 minutes and you are good .

I confirm this build can kill and facetank Ravager most of the time. When he goes down to 50% of hp, of course he goes crazy, I have to kite him sometimes due to skill cooldown.
Need at least 40% total cdr to work perfectly, no MI at all, gears are easy to get :rolleyes:
Actually, the original idea of this build is from ABCbarbecue at this thread. I just made some tweaks on devotion and skills to make it easier to tank him.
P/S: The ravager helm can be replaced by Mythical Clairvoyant’s hat for more cdr.

Having never played a battlemage, I admit that I’m probably talking out of my ass.

But IMO, Krieg’s mask is better than the helm you have on. You seriously need RR in my opinion.

You have 60 aether RR as of now from the looks of it. Getting the full krieg’s set + seal of corruption will give you 78.

What is your ravager kill time?

In my opinion, I admit that the build lacks some specs to make it deal huge damage. But hey man, we’re talking about the specific case to tank ravager smoothly. I know about the RR, but what we need here is cdr for timing mirror better. I also put in some damage absorption procs that make better tankiness. I’m not sure about the kill time because I’m not a pro player, but I think it’s under 10mins.
Btw, you should try some builds that focus on %damage absorption, cdr and hourglass devotion skill to know what I am talking about, like this one

Oh. I totally get/love the CDR. In fact, it’s what my most successful builds rely on.

I was just wondering if the loss of 4% CDR is worth the loss of RR that’s all.

It results in about a 0.8s increase in both mirror and Ishtak downtime.

Quick math (without ravager helm):
20s * (100% - 30% CDR) = 14s CD for both mirror & Ishtak

14s - 3s mirror duration - 6s Ishtak duration - 6s aeon’s = -1s

16s Mirror * 70% = 11.2s

11.2 - 3s mirror - 6s Ishtak = 2.2s window between chaining cycles.

Seems to me that you’d still be able to chain your skills well enough. But I may be missing something.

I dont know what u mean Ishtak here, sr sir.
Oh! This build is just a remake of what I saw in ABCberbecue’s video. It may be better if you put in the seal corruptions to get more RR. About the hat, myth clairvoyant hat will be better that gives you 6% cdr and 1 to all skills. That things are really better than some extra damages and RR from full krieg set. The damage absorption from procs and relic skill also can buy you some times while the mirror is in cooldown. Fighting super boss will get you to rough time real fast, and I’ve never seen anyone can chaincast with just mirror and 30% cdr.

Ok, I know that you’re a fancy fan of theory crafting and math here but the first thing is I don’t use Ishtak set here
Btw they’re not reliable for a full set with too long cooldown.
The second thing is 2 or 3s is enough for ravager to shred off your armor and hp pool. It’s not a crucible game that you can have time for cooldown due to hugh buffs and banners

Ishtak is spring maiden. It’s the devotion you have.

I agree that 2-3s is more than enough for ravager to kill you. But with 34% CDR…

20s * 66% = 13.2s mirror/ishtak downtime

13.2 - 3s mirror - 6s ishtak - 6s Aeon’s = -1.8s

16s * 66% = 10.6s Aeon CDR

10.6 - 3s mirror - 6s ishtak = 1.6s window between cycles.

So the net difference between chaining windows with the 2 helms is 0.6 seconds. Let’s say 1.2s to take into consideration cast animation.
^Just realized that this is wrong because the cast animation will be the same regardless of the helm used. So the net difference will always be 0.6 seconds.

The question therefore is this: Can your build survive ravager for 0.6s without mirror/ishtak?

P.S. I apologize if I’m coming across as ‘Oh look at me, I’m better than you.’ I was just trying to be helpful. All that I’m saying is just my opinion. Leave it if you think it’s trash.

Also, builds usually can’t chaincast with 30% CDR because these builds are usually squishy caster builds. You are using a sword 'n board battlemage. Just saying. ^^

EDIT: Clairvoyant helm gives an additional 1% CDR which DEFINITELY isn’t worth the loss of 10% RR from ravager’s helm. Also, using the full krieg’s set will let you use the granted krieg’s wrath skill to reset Aeon’s, saving you 2 additional skill points.