Buy Now going down / Humble Store going up

If you have at least a patron edition, I think it still should be possible.

Are the rest of the pre-order bonuses unaffected? Also, will alpha keys work on Steam?

Good choice, nice to you guys not going for a big name dist. It’s first of April down under, so anything can happen here lol :smiley:

Other bonuses are unaffected.

The keys you receive from us won’t work on Steam but you can redeem them through Humble Store to get a Steam key. However, we won’t initially have Grim Dawn on Steam for alpha. We’re planning to roll that out either later on in alpha or for beta.

Yes, they’ll be able to provide downloads for both past and future purchases.

ATTN: Medierra

I only have one question…

I opted for the boxed copy, and I know that you will soon offer the Beta & Alpha … but when will the boxed copies get mailed out ?

I don’t want my boxed copy too early, as I am hoping it is sent out well into development so that I won’t need to update with any patches.
So Please, take your time.

But am I correct in assuming that when the game does go Beta or Alpha, that boxed copy buyers will not partake, since we are not getting the down-loadable version ?
Which is perfectly fine with me personally.

I just wanted to make sure, as I don’t know how you plan on doing it, and just want to know…?

Thanks in advance.

Hey medierra is the option for adding one’s name to in game credits locked now? Reason why I’m asking is that I won a key from a giveaway for Grim Dawn and supposedly it has alpha which I would guess would then include the in game credit name as well. Anyways I tried entering the key but nothing happened so I guess maybe the key might be from the kickstarter. Not totally sure.

My understanding of the boxed copy is that you get the game key which will give you access to the alpha, beta and gold. If you want to participate in the alpha/beta you would need to download the game and presumably then just the patches to keep upto date. When the full game comes out you should also be able to download the game direct from the site.
The Boxed copy I imagine will be sent out once they have ironed out all the wrinkles of production and distribution involed in physical stuff which I guess Med would start a few months before the release.

Also DeMasked I just updated my credits name and it worked fine for me, although I have an upgraded ledgendary copy and I’m not sure if that would change anything, but I highly doubt it. My advice would be to try again and see if it works this time.

Nah it’s still not doing anything. Not getting any messages via email or forums and it doesn’t continue to anywhere.

My guess is that sleepwalker got one of the KS packages which includes extra keys so that might be the reason why it doesn’t work.

All KS tiers with boxed copies include “DRM free Digital Download” of the game including access to alpha and beta.

from the GD KS FAQ: Why are the delivery dates so different?
The delivery dates for each reward tier are based on whatever part of the reward we think may take the longest to deliver, not the game date. All digital copies of alpha, beta, and full release will go out on the same date, regardless of the delivery date on the reward tier. […]

Getting a boxed copy is no excuse for not taking part in alpha and beta testing. :stuck_out_tongue:

sleepwalker apparently pledged for the 1000 US$ tier, which comes “with 10 digital copies of the game with access to the alpha and beta”.

To set you name, please use the email to which your key was sent and make sure you copy and paste all 8 blocks of the key. If there is still an issue, which edition is displayed behind your key?

Dear God, $1000 :smiley: That’s what I call dedicated to the cause!

No, anyone with an existing legendary or greater key will continue to be able to set their name. It just won’t be available for new keys after we take down our store.

All boxed copies come with a digital download so that you will not miss out on alpha / beta. The boxed copies can’t be produced until after the final release as we want to ensure that they ship with a good, complete build. Also, in general, physical rewards will be produced after the release because we do not want their production to slow and / or take money away from development. As much as I’m sure people want those physical rewards, I think we’re all mainly here for a game, so I think top priority is to get the game out, then fulfill all of the other stuff.

wow the humble store looks half assed. see the state of there website. I wouldn’t pay money through there website. I already have a key but just thinking of others. You know you can just release the alpha on steam without even advertising it on the store and sell steam keys through your own website. Natural selection 2 for example was in alpha stage on steam for like 2 years and hardly anyone know about it cos it wasnt advertised anywhere on the store.

Yea it doesn’t work and no edition is displayed after the key. I was told that it does have alpha though. I’ve tried with and without the hyphens between the numbers.

People won’t go to their website though, they provide us with payment widgets that will appear on our website. They also do not process payments themselves, they offer payment processing through PayPal, Amazon and Google. They provide the infrastructure for key and build delivery.

Natural selection 2 for example was in alpha stage on steam for like 2 years and hardly anyone know about it cos it wasnt advertised anywhere on the store.

They use Humble Store for payment processing though. :wink:

We also do not want to require people to get the game off Steam as some people apparently have a strong aversion to it. Humble Store is not a service you have to sign in to, it is just a straight download similar to what we would provide, except without us having to do the work.

Sounds like a good plan with more options. I also like that it allows you and your team to have less worries and stress when there is still lots to do.

Still have one key haven’t decide/ set the name in the credit yet… :undecided:

Hey medierra, I was going to purchase the Patron Edition, don’t really care about the name in credits, but want the alpha and beta access, should I wait for the new humble store or buy it directly from you guys now? Thanks.

It doesn’t matter that much for your part. Either way you’ll get your functioning game. :slight_smile: