Buy Now going down / Humble Store going up

It’s good that PayPal is now an option, but I don’t like how the tier descriptions are worded; they’re too vague. Pioneer and Patron don’t even list what in-game items they include anymore.

Yea I think it might be good to have the whole description after each payment option. That or have a link to go to a locked thread which gives the full description.

yes i already entered my name in the credits. cant wait to see it ha ha

On my to-do list. Need to figure out how to cram them in there. Right after I figure out how to cram all the Occultist skills into the Occultist skill pane in a way that works… never happy with it :undecided:

If it’s going to take awhile to figure out how to best “cram” in the information for the different payment options you could always have a temporary link to a part of the forums or somewhere else on the site that would have the full description on each payment plan.

Otherwise, good luck with the Occultist puzzle. Hopefully it will be to everyone’s satisfaction and amazement when it’s shown in the Alpha.

You are still fighting with that? SHoot… i have to change my “bet” date then… maybe we can help?:wink:

Lol :smiley: Feel that pressure!

Don’t the Humble Store guys have a dark widget?

And if you guys wanna center them:

<center>widgets code</center>

Is this game still going to be released? I read “March” but it’s April now.

Yes it will.

Their isn’t any definite release dates. It was merely assumed that the possibility of the alpha being released would be March or April.

However it’s always easier to say such a thing when in reality we don’t really know when it will be released.

So it might be April or May and I doubt it would be later then that as their are only major bugs being worked on and probably just finessing other stuff.

Most recent official response to this was posted in [post=88222]Lets “bet” Alpha release dates![/post]

hi all
Anyone got a key from Humble Store?
I bought the loyalist edition yesterday but still not have a key from them.

Sorry for my english (i’m french : p)

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6659&page=2

Post 15 (or simply check the whole thread for more information).

thanks haven’t see this thread

I’d say its a good call going with Humble. I especially like how they both promote the Indy scene AND support charities with their Humble Bundle they do every so often.

I didn’t even KNOW about Humble until a friend told me about that, so I’ve paid attention to them since. Their Humble Bundles(when they come out) are an interesting and diverse selection. If there are versions for multiple operating systems, they’ll try and offer them as well.

So … for the fact they openly support charities, if nothing else, I have to give Humble a thumbs up.

Just wanted to say that the new Buy Now section looks awesome!

Keep up the great work!

:slight_smile:

Does this refer to medierras post in the “bet the alpha release date” thread? Or is there still other news on its way?

That post is a bit old (relatively lol). The boss for alpha is done as well as the Cultist mastery (other indicators of large hurdles).

The only thing between us and the alpha are major bugs and some other things related to the alpha that were overlooked. Most minor bugs will be ignored as they won’t be game breaking.

So yea… it’s getting close I think. Hopefully this next Sunday/Monday we’ll have a little update or something.

Yep, I read that. I (maybe wrongfully) assumed medierra would put up some extra info/official post about alpha several days after the humble store was in place.

He did post some interesting info over at the “General Discussion” forum. (I’ll put up the quote for those people who only quick scan the Grim Dawn Developer Section of the forum)

This will probably be the aforementioned update.
I do know I have no right to demand a 100 updates a month, but I’m running dry here from excessive salivation.

Thanks for not going Steam exclusive.

Hopefully more kickstarter/indie/small devs will get away from Steam or will at least offer choices to consumers.

PS - I’m not a Steam hater, per se, but I had bad customer service experience with them and have zero desire to give them any more money, not to mention that I’d rather see developers getting more of their money and Valve getting less of it.

Humble gets 5% of every sale and isn’t afraid to publish that. Valve is rumored to get ~30% but nobody is allowed to discuss (NDA for devs who use Steam) it so the exact numbers are just rumor and speculation (but you can find 30% referenced more than any other figure via google). Whatever Valve takes, even when dealing with indies, I’d imagine it’s more than 5%.

Why indies or smaller companies, who are either avoiding big publishers or unable to get funded by big publishers, would use Steam and Steam’s big publisheresque cut just to host downloads when there are plenty of alternatives is beyond me.

Steam is also some of the most obnoxious DRM you can find these days outside of dinosaurs who still buy games on DVDs.