Buy Now! is back online!

I was just wondering if the alpha was available to play now if I were to purchase the legendary, or is that not ready for legendary key holders yet?

Thanks.

Hey ClayMeow
The alpha isn’t out yet, but it is getting closer judging by the content we have been seeing, you can buy the alpha now if you want and get straight into the alpha when it is released. Plus the earlier that you buy a key the earlier extra content can be added.

Hi ClayMeow - also see So when is this game going to be done?

well you can buy any key, buy if you have the funds, then go for the legendary one, you give Crate more money to fund this awesome game, they use the money towards the game, (most of the money goes to outsourcing) hiring artists and such what) and when the alpha is finally upon us, you can help test it

so there are many good reasons (and when the beta is available later, you can join that too)

but yeah, better to buy the key now and it will certainly help to make this game a little bit better

I really consider the idea of pre-ordering the game, in its Legend version of course :slight_smile:

I had some questions though, whose answers may change a consideration into an actual buy :smiley:

• what exactly will the activation method of the game be : does having a key mean that I will just need to provide it for the download, or will I have to go online after installation to activate the game - or worse, play it ? (which would be a nasty thing ^^’ but I don’t think it will be that harsh)

• are there plans for LAN support ? Recent news about D3 beeing online-only made it definitively clear to me that I just hate online-only games :stuck_out_tongue:

All the information has been available at your fingertips … :stuck_out_tongue:

Buy Now!
Your game-key will be required to download and install Grim Dawn as well as join multiplayer matchmaking services.

Will Grim Dawn have multiplayer?
Absolutely! You will be able to group up with family and friends to take on the world of Grim Dawn just as you could in Titan Quest.

Will Grim Dawn use DRM that TOTALLY screws me over?!
[…] I don’t know if people would consider this DRM or not but one thing we are planning to do is authenticate your game-key in order to join multiplayer match-making on services like Steam. If you have a legitimate retail copy of the game, you shouldn’t even notice this. It will have no effect on LAN or single player.

I feel a bit stupid now, because I just missed the FAQ, altough hovering alongside many times :o Thanks ^^

But It’s the issue of the installation that concerns me (I couldn’t figure it out in the various answers) : I plan to install GD on a PC without internet, so my main question is : will I be able to install the game ; will I have to put the key like in the old days, where it was just needed, or will I still need to authenticate that key online ?

Well, you will need to go online to download the game of course but you should be able to transfer it to another PC without internet if you choose.

My expectation is that you will only need to enter the game-key upon installing the game, not go online to authenticate it. As explained in the FAQ, we can’t confirm anything for certain yet and plans may change but this my expectation at this time.

Any word or thoughts yet about eventually having a disc based version ?
I really, really, REALLY want one.
But that’s just because I am anal about that…and I want to be able to physically touch & caress it at night before I go to bed.
:stuck_out_tongue:

Well, let’s do it then :stuck_out_tongue: you can count a future gamer in your ranks - legendary, of course ^^

Just purchased my Legendary today :smiley: Wasn’t sure I was gonna be able to do it until next month. So I’m happy.

Could any Crate person write about any limits in alpha version? I’d like to know about max lvl, locations, character classes ect. in alpha. Or maybe alpha will be playable without any limits?

I don’t think this info is really needed at the moment, as the alpha is still many months away and still anything can change during that time, also alpha might be a survial mode, fighting endless ways of monsters

but even that might change, so I wouldn’t really worry about what alpha might or might not have yet, as there is still a 6 / 8 month min wait until it appears, then Im sure full details will be available once it done, Im sure there will be more forums added too

but at this point, its anyone’s guess, and things may change, so I honestly don;t think you will get a better answer from the devs at this time, we have to wait and see, is the best answer I can give you

thx for quick replay :slight_smile: but also It’s sad for me to wait such long time for Grim Dawn. I will buy game, but I’ll choose from legendary and epic version

hi there, I’m thinking of preordering Grim Dawn…

however, I live outside US so bank account is unavailable, and for me, credit card is a no-go either…

I’ve started to browse the forum, reading and trying to catch up what happened in the past…

I see , paypal is no longer available…

How about other alternative payment options?

my prefered option would be via paysafecard.com , or similar …

thank you in advance,

Bob

Hi Bobcat,

You are the second who recommends paysafecard. Right now we are limited to credit cards or transfers from US bank accounts. One option is a virtual credit card, as advised it that very same thread.

It’s a shame that alpha’s still so far off, but I couldn’t help picking up a Legendary key as soon as I heard about the game. The amount of time I’ve spent in Titan Quest is truly appalling, and I can’t wait to do it all over again. Couldn’t risk letting you guys run around an alpha build without me.

I would recommend the paysafe card too, I really love how this game looks and what it promises… I would buy asap even though I have not much money, but I am from germany and credit cards are really not popular here… so yeah… paysafecard would enable me to buy the game in a blink…

egad… this thread being bumped raised false hopes for me.

It needs to be unstickied, locked, or better yet, fully deleted :stuck_out_tongue:

Closed it … and moved posts to [post=58222]Light-Pet & Pre-Purchase[/post] and [post=58362]Diablo 3 - Released![/post] :wink: For everyone who wonders - in 2010 Buy Now was down for some days. This thread announced it being available again.