Buy Now! is back online!

purchased the legendary

played titan quest (and loved it) and nearly all available action-rpgs.

Purchased the epic. Legendary a little out of my budget. But thats ok. Looking forward to the beta. Titan quest is one of my favorite arpg’s. Still playing it regularly.

Just wondering if it is possible to upgrade to legendary at some point in the future?

After a long break I’ve gone back to TQ:IT and I put in 84 hours in the past couple of weeks raising a brand new stable of all nine masteries in parallel (yes, bad case of OCD!) – TQ is just a crazy good game, and of course I’ve played every hack and slash under the sun. And then I browsed a forum and I saw mention of GD: I just had to purchase it on faith. You devs are the best, I wish you all the luck with the development!

hey guys!
just purchased the epic edition and looking forward to the beta!
i like hack 'n slash rpg’s since first diablo…very cool that the spirit is alive after the titan quest in this awesome rpg Grim Dawn!

cheers

Just Bought Legendary, Cant wait. Im very excited…
Best games and my heart goes to all Action RPGs.

Thanks for this, Titan quest was amazing, I think this is gonna blow it out of the water. Full turn camara = <3

Hey guys, just saw the Alpha game play video and I am quite excited for this game. I can’t tell you how happy I am to see some of you ex Iron Lore guys working. Titan’s Quest is still one of my favorite games and so far is the only “Diablo Clone” to give me that same feeling I had when originally playing through Diablo. Hell, I’ve bought the game five freakin’ times, two for myself and 3 as gifts for friends on Steam. It really was a sad day when Iron Lore closed it’s doors.

Any way, enough with the ass kissing. While this is something I generally don’t do, especially with PC games I’ll be pre-purchasing/helping support you guys by buying a Legendary Key this week. What I’d like to know is, if it’s not to early for this question, is there any plans to release Grim Dawn on Steam and if so is it possible these Keys will allow us to download the Steam version of the game if there will be one. I know it’s a bit OCD of me but I generally only buy Steam games these days, I like keeping everything consolidated in one place and I don’t have a lot of room for boxes and the like. I’ll be buying the Key no matter the answer, I was just generally curious.

Thanks for the many hours of fun in the past and here is to many more in the coming years.

I think this FAQ should answer your question… sort of :wink:

Sorry we can’t give a more definite answer yet but that is our best guess at this point.

I guess looking at the FAQ first would have been the smart thing to do? Thanks for the info.

Just read the premise for the game as well, it really does sound amazing. I’m loving the potential direction you guys are taking this.

legendary key purchased!

At last! Thanks to my VISA credit card I could buy this wonderful game! I can’t wait to play it!

Just ordered the epic edition! Although its not yet close to beta cant wait :slight_smile:

Worked perfectly with a VISA from Sweden (Europe) if anyone is wondering.

I was just wondering if the alpha was available to play now if I were to purchase the legendary, or is that not ready for legendary key holders yet?

Thanks.

Hey ClayMeow
The alpha isn’t out yet, but it is getting closer judging by the content we have been seeing, you can buy the alpha now if you want and get straight into the alpha when it is released. Plus the earlier that you buy a key the earlier extra content can be added.

Hi ClayMeow - also see So when is this game going to be done?

well you can buy any key, buy if you have the funds, then go for the legendary one, you give Crate more money to fund this awesome game, they use the money towards the game, (most of the money goes to outsourcing) hiring artists and such what) and when the alpha is finally upon us, you can help test it

so there are many good reasons (and when the beta is available later, you can join that too)

but yeah, better to buy the key now and it will certainly help to make this game a little bit better

I really consider the idea of pre-ordering the game, in its Legend version of course :slight_smile:

I had some questions though, whose answers may change a consideration into an actual buy :smiley:

• what exactly will the activation method of the game be : does having a key mean that I will just need to provide it for the download, or will I have to go online after installation to activate the game - or worse, play it ? (which would be a nasty thing ^^’ but I don’t think it will be that harsh)

• are there plans for LAN support ? Recent news about D3 beeing online-only made it definitively clear to me that I just hate online-only games :stuck_out_tongue:

All the information has been available at your fingertips … :stuck_out_tongue:

Buy Now!
Your game-key will be required to download and install Grim Dawn as well as join multiplayer matchmaking services.

Will Grim Dawn have multiplayer?
Absolutely! You will be able to group up with family and friends to take on the world of Grim Dawn just as you could in Titan Quest.

Will Grim Dawn use DRM that TOTALLY screws me over?!
[…] I don’t know if people would consider this DRM or not but one thing we are planning to do is authenticate your game-key in order to join multiplayer match-making on services like Steam. If you have a legitimate retail copy of the game, you shouldn’t even notice this. It will have no effect on LAN or single player.

I feel a bit stupid now, because I just missed the FAQ, altough hovering alongside many times :o Thanks ^^

But It’s the issue of the installation that concerns me (I couldn’t figure it out in the various answers) : I plan to install GD on a PC without internet, so my main question is : will I be able to install the game ; will I have to put the key like in the old days, where it was just needed, or will I still need to authenticate that key online ?

Well, you will need to go online to download the game of course but you should be able to transfer it to another PC without internet if you choose.

My expectation is that you will only need to enter the game-key upon installing the game, not go online to authenticate it. As explained in the FAQ, we can’t confirm anything for certain yet and plans may change but this my expectation at this time.

Any word or thoughts yet about eventually having a disc based version ?
I really, really, REALLY want one.
But that’s just because I am anal about that…and I want to be able to physically touch & caress it at night before I go to bed.
:stuck_out_tongue: