BWC with increased projectile speed

So, has anyone ever achieved to increase the projectile speed of BWC?
Funny thing what I´ve found so far:

blackwater1.dbr has an entry PROJECTILE BONUS.
There´s SKILL PROJ SPEED MODIFIER and SKILL PROJ SPEED MODIFIER CHANCE.
If I adjust everything there (200% speed, 100% chance), there will even be a new skill description in game. (“100% chance for 200% increased projectile speed”).

Nice. Seems to be THE thing. But: BWC isn´t altered in any way.
Seems like sort of a dead entry, since this skill description doesn´t appear anywhere else in game.
Is there a chance to increase the speed?

Have you found out anything? I’m currently bashing my head against this.

What you have found there is an (almost) global increase to projectile speed. Modifying those two entries will give your BWC a buff that increases projectile speed for your default attack bullets, for Fireballs (and other projectiles that move in a straight line). I don’t know if having that on BWC will actually do anything, but you will notice the increase in the speed of other projectiles if you apply those settings to Flame Touched for example.

BWC, Flashbang and Grenades seem to get their projectile speed from somewhere else, and I don’t know where.

Nothing found, no.
I noticed that you find a very similar entry on ranged weapons that increases bullet speed. That one works just fine.
So once more I think Crate just kind of disabled that entry in BWC.

1 Like

As far as i know increased projectile speed does nothing in GD. At least i have not found anything that benefis from it.

To increase the speed you should be looking in the projectile dbr. However, it might also be under the proc(?) entry, BWC trows an object that spawns a ground projectile.

If none of the above have it, then maybe reducing the angle the projectile is thrown at will make it slightly faster.

That is much as I remember on that skill. Will have to look at the dbrs further for more details.

I’ve been playing around all day yesterday trying to create a new skill and it looks like the most important thing to determine how a skill behaves is actually the template used. Today I am playing around with simply changing the template and seeing if anything sticks :slight_smile: So far it has been really weird (like the skill suddenly requiring Grenado to be learned, it slowly throwing the transmuted projectile but also dropping an instantly exploding default Blackwater Cocktail at my feet). That is actually kind of funny tbh, “oops I don’t know how to use Molotovs and now my pants are on fire”.

Didn’t Z said it wasn’t possible to change BWC speed because it was “fixed”/hardcoded or something?
feel like it was mentioned that it was “set”, when it was requested to make BWC and canister/nado builds better, and not something we could just change in the (current) tables ? - idono maybe i remember wrong

It’s possible, I’ve had very little success. I can make it super fast by changing the template to basically make it a bullet but then you run into heaps of problems. The one thing that was midly successful (yet strange) was changing it to the same template as mortar trap projectiles. Usually you’d then get motolovs airdropped, but if you set the drop height to 1 it kinda has the same trajectory. It’s definitely faster, but ugly AF because the projectiles appear from behind you and it can also just hit walls as soon as they spawn.

Is there a way to force templates to include more files? That would be super useful. If you click on ShowAll on a template it shows all the files that it calls. There are many templates that could work if only we had SkillProjectileName (for mortar trap) or ProjectileExplosionRadius (for bullets or arrowlike projectiles) to fill in, for example.

As it stands it feels easiest to just give up and start a new skills from scratch that has the same numbers but a different type of projectile.

1 Like

Projectile speed is very rare in-game. Is does increase the speed of many projectiles (like bullets, fireball, etc) and thus makes them go further (even off-screen). For some reason devs hate this (not like D2 had a farming build whose gimmick was destroying mobs off-screen or anything) and it’s barely used. I think it’s cool though and added a bit to ranged passive skills, I enjoy the extra range.