Bysmiel's Command (% Chance on attack) differs between GrimTools and InGame stats

Dear Community.

Probably you can help me a bit out. I have a question to the devotion Bysmiel’s Command. In Grim Tools the chance on attack is defined by 20%.
When I check the stats in Game I see 68%. Can someone tell me why this is like it is?

I can confirm that this “dog Pet” will spawn mostly with the 1st attack. I have bounded it to the skill Reap Spirit.
Thank you very much in advance for your answers :slight_smile:

best regards
FernandeZ

It is normal and happens to every Devotion.
Basically the longer the cooldown of the proccing skill, the higher the proc change (there are other factors too)
For example Hungering void has a base 33% chance to proc whearas Judgment proc it with 100% chance.

Grim Tools doesn’t update proc chance because the formula was unknown till recently
and even now when it is known (let me search for it) I don’t know it would be easy to code for Dammit.

To bind proc optimally to skills you have to do it in-game

[EDIT] Credit to @Ceno for finding the following formula in game files:

ProcChance = BaseProcChance * (1 + (Cooldown * 81)/100 * (1 - (Duration * 11)/100)

BaseProcChance - some constant for every devotion skill
Cooldown / Duration - those are taken from the skill you’re proccing the devotion with

Would be sweet if @Dammitt implemented it but I don’t think he’s still developing GT / how hard it’s to code.

1 Like

Ahhh.

That explains everything. And I have searched everything in the build skills, stats and so on if there is a feature that can increase a chance on attack :smiley:

Thank you very very much @tqFan for your answer. One more mystery solved :+1:

And one more thumbs up for @Ceno! :slight_smile:

Best regards
FernandeZ

I’m aware of that formula and I tried it couple years ago, but when used in GT it doesn’t always show the same proc chance that you see in game, so I decided to show base proc chance instead,

4 Likes

Dear Dammitt.

Thank you very much for stepping in. I have not expected answers from such a famous person :slight_smile:
That is really awesome.

So thank you all and a thumbs up for your great work here in the forum and on the external page GrimTools. Really really awesome!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.
With kindest Regards
FernandeZ