Cadence with WPS

Is it profitable to take WPS in builds with Cadence? As far as I know, the WPS animation is not as fast as a regular attack, and in builds with Cadence you need this same Cadence to trigger as often as possible? Doesn’t this mean that any WPS will reduce the final damage? And if not, which WPS is profitable to take? Because someone wrote that, for example, Zolhan works well with Cadence. (All that theme is about DW melee cadence, cuz in some topic someone wrote, that ranged WPS, that hit targets 4 times (if i get it right), is pretty worthy to pick up, cuz u would charge Cadence faster).

if you dont’ take wps on cadence then you will likely lack both aoe and dmg
WPS adding aoe means you “ensure” you also do aoe on non cadence hits, WPS in most cases also boost your dmg above regular unmodified auto attacks “blank”/white AA hits

Generally speaking, yes.

For dual wield, both melee and ranged, my understanding is that a wps proc can make the next cadence trigger faster, and cadence is by far your biggest hit, which is huge.

For dual wield ranged, in particular, it greatly boosts your non-cadence dps because it automatically fires both pistols, which applies your flat damage (from deadly momentum and elsewhere) twice.

Zolhan’s also gives you AOE. For ranged, it’s passthrough with no limit on the targets hit, and for melee, IIRC it’s 5 targets maximum.

For which wps to take, it depends on your other class. If it also has wps, you should be picking the best wps in the most efficient manner while not overflowing the wps pool.

For the number of points to put into them, keep in mind that 1 point with no +skills will give you a 12% chance to proc, which is pretty efficient, and how much you have in +skills. This is especially important if you’re getting close to overflowing the wps pool.

Even if there is a slight drop in single target damage from a very slight delay in the next cadence with a non-dual wield setup, it’s likely to be worth it for the extra AOE from Zolhan’s.

only for ranged, for melee it’s unrelated to wps, and for ranged it’s only volley class wps, (chill round not storm spread type)