Can we get more than one loading screen, please?

-> Can we get more than one loading screen picture, please?

I know my dear devs, this is a super minor D cosmetic issue (probably E, if not Z… :smiley: )

BUT… if one is playing a lot, it would be so nice for a little change to stare at some other beautiful concept art of yours.

You surely have hundreds of concept arts, just waiting to be thrown in there! Right? :slight_smile:

Come on… DO IT! just DO IT!

Cheers! :slight_smile:

Moar art would be sweat, but there is a but. :wink:

Host a contest to accept user contributed art. Then have the community vote on the best.

For some legal reason they actually cant use fan art. :undecided:

I still think they should just make all the wallpapers in the media section the loading screen arts. I mean there would at least be one for each class and wouldn’t take more time to make, given that they are already created. :wink:

^ Pretty much this.

Pretty much every wallpaper they have is awesome and i would love them as loading screens.

I certainly wouldn’t say no to having the class wallpapers rotating through as loading screens :slight_smile:

They have the cool drawn images of the classes… Scale em up, or make a collage out of it. Just google Grim Dawn, and you already see some collages.

That being said, another option is the the ingame stuff itself!
It is so good looking, they could just put nice screenshots in there, maybe with angles that are not possible with the ingame cam (without GUI ofc).

You don’t really need to put an artist on the task to draw new pictures. Just be creative. Puzzle stuff together. Use ingame stuff. Other games do it too.

yeah, but they are all a lot more like sketches compared to the current loading screen, which is a lot more detailed…

yes the current one is more detailed but, i think they all look cool and would at least provide some variety for those of us who would like that :slight_smile:

It seems a no-brainer to use the class wallpapers as loading screens. They look great and they fit the purpose like a glove. I’d assumed there was a technical reason they weren’t used. I didn’t realize they were not even considered because they weren’t good enough quality (which sounds ludicrous to me).

Yes, the already completed wallpapers would provide some nice variability with very little effort on the part of the developers. I agree that it’s a very minor thing, but considering it probably takes very little effort to improve it, well…

As Crate as such a small team, if anyone stops what they are doing to spend the time on this, then it delays the new build and it delays the expansion. Plus I suspect that Crate know best as to what’s a quick job and what isn’t. :wink:

I would agree with most of you but most of the time I don’t even see the load screen. It’s gone within 2-3 seconds on first load, every other load is hardly even up for 1 second.

Interesting. I guess you run it on a SSD?

Takes a bit longer for me I have to say. But I don’t have a SSD…

I do have an SSD and it takes a good 5s most of the time.

This used to be the case for me too but after 1.0.0.7 my load times increased from about 5 seconds to 45 seconds.

+1 for variations of loading screen.

they could just throw in the devs’ selfies for a change, no artwork required. :stuck_out_tongue: