Cannot excavate ruins

Hi, I’ve encountered a bug that won’t let me excavate a pair of ruins far away from my town. I’ve cleared many times the ruins from raiders and even sent my military there stationary but my villagers just ignore them.

Here is the savegame: Baltia.zip - Google Drive

The two ruins are very close each other, east outside the town.

Do you have a temple built?

Yeah I’ve got a temple with just one relic active. I’ve built it much earlier.

I spent almost an entire game guarding and walling off a relic site, towers and a full barracks, in the end I decided that to be a waste of time and resources, in the future guarded relic sites will be left alone.

1 Like

Never happened to me before. I managed to excavate first ruins to 19% before the first wave of raiders came. Then after that I couldn’t excavate anymore even when all the bandits were killed multiple times.

We will need the .map file as well to look at your save.

Ops I forgot about that. Baltia_2024094185530.zip - Google Drive

Sometimes you have to keep army around bc raiders keep coming back, they are hard to see sometimes, and also may be a little bit away from the site.

At least that is what I thought.

Eventually I had enough army to keep a lot there, workers still didn’t come.

I built a road, well, and shelter nearby and it got worked. This happened with 2 separate sites that were sitting on 2% for a few years.

Prioritization and mazing workers to 10 didn’t change anything - only access, shelter, and water did. Sites were not too far.

I managed to excavate the two ruins after killing something like 6-7 waves of raiders. After the last, the ruins became workable again…don’t know what happened, maybe some bandit got lost in the woods and the ruins were still marked as ‘occupied’ by raiders.

Loading your save, I was able to get workers excavating the ruin immediately upon increasing the laborer count. Your town is pretty low on laborers and they were probably behind on tasks, but we’ll take a look at priority behavior for excavations to make sure it’s being properly respected.

2 Likes