Can't extract .arc files, but .arz are fine

Hello, I can’t figure out why neither the Asset Manager, nor the ArchiveTool used manually can’t extract .arc files, while they can extract .arz normally (the Extract Game Data from Asset Manager extracted all .bdr files normally, but without the templates found in .arc files I can’t edit nor build them).
To extract .arz I’ve been using

archivetool database.arz -database C:\Users\Vatsune\Desktop\gd

Whereas for .arc

archivetool templates.arc -extract C:\Users\Vatsune\Desktop\gd

The .arz starts extracting the ~31000 files, but the .arc does nothing at all, no error, no freezing, nothing.
I also tried moving the ArchiveTool with .arc, .arz and the .dll in C:\gd, or in E:\gd, but nothing changes.

Neither of the two files are in read-only, and I tried running cmd as admin and setting ArchiveTool to always run in admin and using it with cmd as admin.
But nothing worked, and I have no idea what to do

Try putting the entire path for the templates.arc

…looks like it works fine.

Just tried, but nothing changed

Screenshot your prompt. :man_shrugging: This forum has the miracle of drag and drop images. Use it generously.

Result of .arc:

After pressing Enter, it instantly goes to a new line, without freeze, or wait, or anything

Ah, forgot to mention I verified integrity of game files, to no avail

I basically replicated how you are doing yours. I moved to a folder off the Desktop and I used the basic command prompt this time instead of Powershell. I was able to get it to extract just fine. More than once.

I looked closer at your screenshot and I did notice a possible oddity, tho I am unsure if this is the reason why…

…look at the dates on my ArchiveTool and zlib dll and then look at the dates on yours. Unfortunately I cannot see if our filesizes match in your screen. This is the only real difference I can notice at the moment so it’s just a guess more than anything.

You could try spelling out ArchiveTool.exe in the prompt and see if that makes a difference.

It could also be a permissions issue on your end. Try running CMD with Admin privileges.

I just looked at the size and my templates.arc is 2kb only, guess it got overwritten or corrupted somehow. I deleted it and verified integrity, everything works. Weird that verifying integrity didn’t fix without deleting it.
Thank you very much for the help

1 Like