Can't host SP/MP game, unless I change window mode setting

Ok so my game is mega struggling to host a game, it always blackscreens or freezes, and even singleplayer is a gamble when it will work.

But if I change my settings, mainly window mode (alt+enter) , then I can host without problems.
I tested it many times, and it’s quite consistent.

Run 1 → straight up host → Crash
Run 2 → Alt+enter like 3 times so it’s fullscreen again → host → Works

Repeated this, alternating, and it always gives the same results.

I’m at a loss why this is a thing, maybe it’s just a fluke, but people have reported that deleting their settings or changing their window mode fixes the black screen. Of course it will just happen again after restarting the game, unless you change it again.

Can anyone with hosting issues test this too?
I can give whatever other info is needed to fix this quite annoying issue.

Also another post confirming this: 64-bit freezes when loading character, 32-bit works fine - #5 by RainyClouds1359

My brother was having an issue hosting too (crashing every time), we tinkered with it for a bit but I’ll have to ask him what ended up working for him. Edit: The only thing he remembered doing is disabling UPNP

Mine works fine-ish (my issues are unrelated to this thread), I host the game with Windowed (borderless) mode, 64-bit. UPNP disabled. I can post everything else if you want to compare settings.

No need to post anything, I’ve tested every possible solution out there and this is the only thing that is consistent. Now we can only hope that a dev sees this, and that it’s enough to fix this issue.