Can't replay the same seed, help needed

I found a map i really like, and i would like to keep using it.
However, when i fill in the seed, the map that loads is different from the previous patch.
Now, i know i can just replay the same map after loading an old save game, but i am not sure if that will allow the map to be setup with the increased resources and stone sources that real new maps have now.

This has something to do with the new map type i think, previous patch i merely set the map size to large, and rolled this one immediately. Heres a screenshot The seed is 49FD9A1BC63

Id imagine any major changes to map generation as its procedural will change all previous seeds as the parameters have changed.

Well, thats what i am asking, more or less.
There’s a chance, that the way map gen works, that it would remain more or less the same.

Yeah pretty sure map seeds wont remain stagnant and will change over time in the EA, procedural generation running new procedure will not produce the same result.

I confirm that with the same seed the map is different if launched from the menu.
Rerolling a map keeps the terrain but the resources change, including fertile areas.

1 Like

Thanks for this, i had a dev acknowledge that it might be possible that replaying a map from a savegame will allow for the new resources to spawn, i am going to test this, and hope for the best.