Cant switch from Death's Vigil to Kymon's in Elite

Status: Currently revered with the Order of Death 's Vigil, + Writs active, char is an apostate. (necro + inqui)

In elite at the Quest “allies among ashes”, where the player has to chose between the 2 factions.

the questionmark of the DV npc is yellow, the one from Kymons grey. Speaking wth the kymons npc and telling him that the choice for DV was a mistake doesnt allow me to switch to kymons. You just get a text that they just dont want necros.

from research so far, it should be possible to switch the factions, so whats preventing the switch?

the already beeing revered?
the class?
the writs?

i dont want to hack the save game, so any ingame solutions?

You can’t side with Kymon Chosen if you’re using Necromancer mastery. The only way to get Kymon Chosen with Necromancer is by postponing taking Necromancer mastery until you’re friendly with Kymon Chosen.

1 Like

ah, thanks for the answer! good to know that … (did i overread the warning somewhere? ) - the NPCs should acknowledge the Inquisitor class good damit :slight_smile:

To me, Apostate implies an Inquisitor turned Necromancer rather than the other way around so I suppose they’d see you as straying off what they consider the right path.

Side note: If you really want to side with Kymon’s Chosen on your Apostate now, you can use a 3rd party editor like Grim Dawn Defiler to temporarily remove the Necromancer from your character.

1 Like

lorewise id keep with Vigil and it makes sense ofc. But from an ARGP perspective, id wanted to farm kymons now and switch back later, despite the obvious contradiction. just wanted to avoid using a 3.party tool (gd stash in this case) to retroedit, but not sure if i have time for another char though… /thonking