[Caster] Beginner's Nephrite Spellbinder

Thanks for your help.

I guess that’s the problem then, cuz I was misunderstanding that at lvl 7 I need to put searing ember into some kind of rifles. will try again then! Thanks!

1 Like

It doesn’t really matter if it’s a rifle or not. I’ve been actually putting my first Searing Ember into my first rifle, because looking for a dagger + caster offhand that early can be a pain. The important part that you should be stopping using a rifle and start using Fireblast.

1 Like

Thank you for the work on the build and when it comes to trash it certainly mops up fast, but as a first time player the leveling experience with it on veteran was horrible. Anything that has a skull over it owns you. I switched to skeleton/blight fiend in the 20’s and it is almost as fast on trash and way less frustrating on bosses.

devotions are bad. i can t pick revenant and Widow fallowing steps

Just opened a calc and took widow and revenant following instuctions in the guide. Works fine.

Post your current setup perhaps?

Hey, I was looking up the mythical agrivix set, and I don’t see the fire to aether conversion, was it changed it is it hidden, like the target penetration on the desolater rifle?

It was removed from the amulet with the recent 1.1.9.2 update.

Well shoot, any idea how to get the conversion after the update, I’ve been search to no avail.

On an Aether Spellbinder? You have tons of options, look for Elemental->Aether conversion as well though keep in mind it doesn’t stack additively with Fire/Cold/Lightning->Aether conversion.

Without knowing what your build or character looks like now or what rarity of gear you’re able to get efficiently (e.g. can you farm for Legendaries or are we looking at something easy to get like MIs), I can’t really advise what you’d be best going for specifically.

I made a post about it once in public test but it’s deleted now but I do remember that conversions are still fine with this set.

Unfortunately there’s not a lot of options for Agrivix CT Spellbinder (which is natural end-game progression for this beginner’s build).
Our only free slots are hands, boots, rings and weapon - and none of them are optimal.

Option 1: keep Magelord rings and transmute them to get high conversion rolls so we get 100% elemental → aether from rings and Maw of Despair (which you can also craft to get high rolls). This is a cheaper solution but we lose 10% RR, %aether damage, OA and 6-10% casting speed and one damage proc.

Option 2: swap Wrath of the Ascendant for Dreadfire dagger. If we roll high on Dreadfire and Cord of Violent Decay we’ll get 100% fire → aether conversion. We lose 7% RR, +1 to all skills, skill energy cost, racial damage and we get a bit worse proc (10% on attack vs 100% on critical) but with more damage and stronger against group of mobs. This should be stronger option because we have enough skill points and we can use Band of Eternal Haunt for more RR but good luck getting two random drop legendaries with close to max conversion rolls… Also, some investment into cunning is required so we can equip the dagger.

Either way we lose something but the build should still be strong. Although, I don’t know how it performs in comparison to builds that focus more on CT with 2h weapons, no-set builds with Fleshwarped Codex (you get full conversion in one item so it opens a lot of possibilities) or builds that focus more on Devastation.

3 Likes