Cattle barns don't stock hay or grain anymore

All they stock is root veggies. Which, actually, is fine by me and I think I even prefer it. But unless this was designed, it’s a bug. Also hay never seems to rot away, I’ve had the same amount in storage for years now. Which also is fine by me, so I’m really at a loss to why I’m reporting it. LOL

You are correct that hay is not rotting, we will address that in the upcoming hotfix.

As for stocking the barns, that I cannot reproduce unfortunately. Was this a new save made in v0.9.2 or an old one?

An old save.

Can you upload that save please?

Saves are located in:

C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\Documents\my games\Farthest Frontier\Save

Zip up the entire TownName_###### folder along with the .map file and .sav that reproduces the issue. If the files are too big, you can use a service such as Google Drive to share it with us.

Thanks!

I emailed them to you.

Loading your save, I do see barns getting stocked with all the relevant resources.

We are making some adjustments to prioritization and buffers in the upcoming hotfix though.

Well now they’re stocking grain at least. For almost three or four years they didn’t stock anything but root veggies, and I had grain and hay for them. Would the root cellars with the veggies being closer to the barns than the grain and hay storage effect that?

1 Like

Yes it would. Though we will make hay be prioritized regardless of distance in a future update.

1 Like

Thank you! This is something I was asking about today and it’s great to see you are answering it.

Hi,

would lke to pile up on this topic, I am using an older save, town of about 1200. I created a new area for 1 x goat barn, 1 x horse barn, and 4 chicken coops. They are all close, basically on top of a couple of new fields growing hay. There is also storage nearby dedicated to hay.

However, none of the new barns, nor the old cow barns are using the hay. My town is currently overflowing with about 10k hay, and the barns are still getting stocked with grain and veggies.

So IMHO there is still some work to be done here, as hay should be the highest priority for the barns as nothing else is using that, while veggies and grain are needed to feed the villagers.

Can provide save if needed :slight_smile: