Cattle Bugs

I’ve played for 20 hours now and noticed a few things. Here are cattle-related bugs I came across:

1. They can’t reliably move through gates. This doesn’t always happen but it is quite common - cattle will often just stand at a gate/not go where they’re supposed to if a gate is in the way. Upon deleting a piece of fence (not the gate) they will move out of/into the enclosure - some of them through the gate, some of them through the hole in the fence.

2. Herd sizes (probably just UI bugs): If my max. herd size is set to 13, it will already be oversized at 13 (not 14) - is this intentional? Also, if I set max. herd size to 16 with the upgraded barn there will always be the little red icon indicating an oversized herd.

Also there is a bug in transferring the cattle from a stable to another, or maybe is related to the inability of crossing the gates that you mentioned

So I think it is related to fences, because I did a bit of experimentation with fences. The screenshot below is the enclosure for my barn. Note the fences at the bottom (with the hole) and the top right section, which is a consecutive fence with one fence gate that isn’t really obvious from this angle. While I had my cows out, they became bugged and refused to be slaughtered, milked, etc.

As soon as I broke the fence at the bottom so that there was a hole in the fence (not a gate, a lack of any fencing period) they started working again. I think the pathing has issues with fence gates in general.

I’ve read it. :slight_smile: The purpose of my post was that I found consistent behavior. Any information the dev team can get is useful, no?

On a resume of a game the cattle would not move to the grazing area, re locating the barn by a square sorted this issue. Slaughtering cattle was also solved this way

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.