Chance on Attack Question

So, my warder has like 2 attack skills: Savage and blitz.
I got a bunch of devotions with chance on attack/crit: assassin’s mark, blind fury, scorpion sting - is it a mistake?
Can i bind 1 attack to savage, another to blitz and the third one to wendigo or feral hunger?

If the devotions allow it, yes.

So, basically if devotion can be binded to a skill it will proc off it?
because I’ve read somewhere that those skills can proc only if you’re attacking with this ability.

Yes, if you for example bind Blitz to Assassin’s Mark, you will only proc Assassin’s Mark on attacks made by Blitz.

What if i bind it to war cry or wendigo?

Only War Cry would be able to trigger the effect, same for Wendigo Totem, only the attacks the Totem summon makes would trigger it.

However, in this specific example, War Cry cannot crit so cannot be bound to Assassin’s Mark.

Slight correction: War Cry can crit, but Assassin’s Mark has it blacklisted so that it cannot be applied. Probably because a Phys RR proc with no cooldown would be too strong on a screenwide AoE that also had Phys RR.

Game Files

Right, I forgot that there are modifiers that add damage to it like Warborn Gavel. I was thinking in terms of the health reduction or does that also deal more damage on a crit?

It can display as critting, but I haven’t tested whether it actually deals more damage. I would think it would, but I’m unsure.

Regardless, anything in the game can crit regardless of whether it has damage - Curse of Frailty, for instance, can crit!

1 Like

I was under the impression that debuffs couldn’t crit, even ones that deal damage like Devouring Swarm, however they also can never miss as a side effect. I can’t find the topic (as it was before the forum move) but I vaguely remember Zantai mentioning or confirming this as well which is what led me to believe it.

Edit: You are right that debuffs can crit as well. My mistake on the misconception then.

On a slightly different topic: there’s an item which gives +25% damage to War Cry - does it increase the damage of reduced health???

That’s weapon damage and no it doesn’t increased the health reduction damage.

What would happen if I bind Blind Fury to Savage and take Upheaval? Will those 2 procs work together or they’ll be like 50/50?

They would proc simultaneously, WPS and Devotion procs don’t interfere with each other. So any time Savagery crits and Blind Fury is off cooldown, Upheaval and Blind Fury would proc at the same time.

You could get similar functionality by binding Upheaval to Blind Fury as well as to my knowledge and from tests in the past - Upheaval will always crit as it only procs on a crit.

1 Like

What about devotion procs like Maul or Bull Rush - do they interfere with each other/skills?
What about chance of attack items - do they have a separate pool or together with devotions/skills?

No and no, none of those interfere with each other, they roll chances for and proc independent of each other.

The only collection of skills that share a proc roll are Weapon Pool Skills (WPS for short) like Feral Hunger and only with WPSes when you exceed a total 100% proc chance with multiple.