Change name

Hey, I have a lvl 100 blademaster, I want to change the name. Can I do that?.

Maybe if you use GDDefiler, though I think some people are finding problems doing it with that. Otherwise no, not possible.

You can use GDStash to change the character name.

You can also change the name with GD save file editor.

I use steam and use cloud save, will it still work with GDStash?.

yes and no… yes, the char on your disk will be renamed, as will be its dir, so you have that char with a different name, as intended. No, because the Steam cloud does not ‘know’ any of this and still has the char under the old name.

The cloud will then sync with your disk saves which results in the renamed char being considered a new char and being uploaded into the cloud, while the original char will be downloaded from the cloud to your PC as it is missing there, so Steam assumes you played the char on a different PC and that it is missing here.
So after this synchronization, you have that char twice, once under the original name and once under the new one.

To fix this, you will need to delete the old char in game.

Only rename chars while GD is not running, esp when using cloud save (in fact for any change GD should not be running when you use cloud save…)

That is what happened already, before I posted the question. It only works if saves are stored in the hard drive, not the cloud. I had to change the name back to the first name, to get my lvl 100 character back.