Change sound effect at Illusionist NPC

Hey Community, Hey Devs,

Grim Dawn is awesome in many points, but the sounds effect of your character’s spells and attacks isn’t his forth :sweat_smile: espescialy when you get 200% attack or casting speed on your character. Sometime, it totally break your ears :sweat_smile: and you are forced to lower the sound effect, wich is sad since it break the sweet ambiance of this game.

I have created a mod with Asset manager (great tool by the way) to change the sound of my rifle to be
the one of a single pistol, making it less noisy. And the casting sound of panetti missile to be like eye of dreeg. But since it is a mod, I can’t play with those characters in multiplayer :confused: Wich is a bit harsh, since I only created this mod to change some sound effect, not to alter the gameplay/power up my character in any way.

So here is the feature I would like to ask to the devs :slight_smile: : To add a new functionality at the illusionist NPC to replace the sound of any of your character attack or spell by any other from the game files. So you could make your pistol sound like an albreacht aether ray if that’s what you like :wink:

Also, I dunno if it would be possible. But it would be nice if peoples could add their own .wav files in the game folder and then use those to customise the sounds of their character’s spells and attacks via this new functionality of the Illusionist.

If you are up for the idea don’t hesitate to comment! :slight_smile:

PS: Sorry if my text is not very understandable, english is not my mother tongue :sweat_smile:

While I have no issues with GD’s sounds in general, I wish there were more pistol sounds. The pew pew is always the same no matter what pistol or skill is used, and it gets old really fast. If each pistol had a different sound, changing the illusion would also change the sound. I sometimes change a rifle to a crossbow illusion just to have a bit of variety but with pistols it’s not possible.

€: basically what this thread is about Acoustic Illusion for 1H Ranged

As for sound illusions like you described, I don’t know if that’s easily doable as it would require a new UI. But if it is, I’m all for it.

Ye, indead :wink: Me it’s the sound of crossbow that get old, and I can stand rifles, too noisy :sweat_smile: , I suppose all sounds get old once you used the same weapon/spell for hours.

I know it’s not a small update to allow peoples to customise their sound effect ingame, not via modding, but if that would help enough peoples, perhaps the devs will consider it :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.