Change %Vitality damage on Abom's second node

Pretty much the title. I’ve noticed this recently and this seems kinda odd to me. Vitality builds have zero in common with Abomination and path to it, and for acid/chaos builds these % are nothing but useless.
So I suggest replacing them with sth really useful like 4% DA as both acid and chaos builds do not swim in stats.

10 Likes

First time noticing it. Looks indeed odd.

1 Like

Vitality builds can’t go there with Rattosh and DG, so good spot on!

I vote for cc res. Acid don’t have any anywhere. But da would also be good. Or phys res. Or anything. Truth be told, acid gear got no phys res and no cc res anywhere, not even green rare affixes.

Or just troll everyone and give it 15% acid res. :rofl:

2 Likes

Keep the +% Vitality Damage as there are some builds like my Rotting Putrifier that appreciates the dual damage types. If anything, adding DA to the node would be nice for sure!

I highly doubt that those 80% of vitality damage are beneficial for any kind of setup - acid, chaos or vit builds (with the latter don’t even take it as they have DG and Rattosh).
And meme builds are not the thing the game should be balanced around :wink:

No thank you. With all the Acid to Vit in the game it’s very easy to make good use of Tainted Eruption on a Vitality Decay build, and it’s not impossible to get both Rattosh and Abomination on such a build either.

E: Would be nice to have Vit Decay % on node 4 though.

vitality decay is the weakest DoT in the whole game, probably
so building around it is kinda strange.
and I see zero reasons to prefer Abom to DG on a vit build.

Sounds like it needs buffs, not nerfs, then.

And there’s close to negative reason to take DG on a Vit Decay build.

It’s beneficial for mine! :slight_smile:

Perhaps then some more +% Vitality Damage could be added on the left-hand side and have some flat Vitality added to Tainted Eruption? :thinking:

Not sure if any build that can do SR65 is a meme…

Only builds I would consider memes are the Boogermancer and any item-based Aether bolt, Fireball, Lightning Bolt or Ice spike proc builds.

it needs but Abom is the last thing I think about when making a Vitality build.
Vit builds already have a very strict devotion map that does not allow taking anything else.
And losing vit RR from Rattosh of huge damage boost from DG is kinda shooting yourself in your leg.

In that case, I propose to add %chaos damage to Empyrion devotion, because with all that conversions, it’s quite easy to make full chaos Light of Empyrion proc. It will surely increase build variety in the game.

1 Like

You get more damage from having an additional DoT source in Abom than you do in getting % Damage from DG with 66% uptime. Therefore, there is no reason to take DG and instead Rattosh + Abom is the call.

Not lore friendly, request denied.

but…but… variety…

I don’t know why abomination have 3 damage type , when other t3 have 2 type

mmm , sound like I cut off my legs and use a very very bad protez
P.S I want to see this madman who take abomination on the vitality build

it seems to be a relic of the past, long forgotten and odd. sth from times when Abominable might procced on Death etc.

I don’t know what a protez is, but sounds like you haven’t played Vit Decay.

I think no one played it simply because there’s just no reason to play it. Decay is the weakest DoT with smallest ticks.

i mean prosthesis (my mistake)
For playing Decay we want more sources for that DoT .
My opinion - if Dot around 100k - that useless piece of shit

So again:

Agreed, therefore you take something like Abomination instead of Dying God because Dying God is not a DoT source and Abomination is. Which I already laid out earlier: