Change what loot chests drop

I made a mod to test out changing what loot some chest/destructible objects drop, but it’s not working

I couldn’t make out which database entries corresponded to exactly which in-game chests, so I just changed the following:

a01_chestwood01.dbr
a0x_chestwood01.dbr
a01_chestcorpse01.dbr
a0x_chestcorpse01.dbr
a01_chestrock01.dbr
a0x_chestrock01.dbr
a01_cheststump01.dbr
a0x_cheststump01.dbr
a01_chestcorpse02.dbr
(all the b01 equivalents of the above)
as well as:
b01_chestmetal01.dbr
b0x_chestmetal01.dbr
and:
a01_barrel_wood01_break.dbr
a01_crates_basic_01_break.dbr
a01_slithpile01_break.dbr
a01rockpile_01_break.dbr

I changed them all to have lootclassification string “Boss” and loot table
records/items/lootchests/chestloottables/chest_bossloot_01.dbr

But I went around looting wooden and metal chests and breaking rock piles, looting stumps and breaking slith refuse piles and turning over corpses and none of them have been affected.

Am I missing some configuration change to make the loot table changes complete or did I just not change the correct item database entries?

Sounds ok, did you build your mod and select it in game ?

Ok… now I REALLY don’t like how mod’s work in grim dawn…

Just imagine how Crate feels then times 100. How you mod the game is how the game was made, more or less.

Yeah that takes some hardcore dedication from Crate’s part. Mad respect

So you have to make a completely new character for every mod being applied to the game? My campaign characters are not available when I select my mod.

I believe there is a way to get chars from main campaign over to mod but it is quite the process. I seen a guide somewhere on the forums one time.

You have two steps you need to take.

1. Use GD Stash and enable the “mod flag” for the character

2. Move the characters folder from the inside of “main” to the inside of “user”

Note: if the “user” folder doesn’t already exist, simply create it

thank you for the guide powbam

1 Like

Stash file needs to be copied to save/MOD_NAME
and its type (Mod) also changed to MOD_NAME in GD_Stash if I remember correctly.

There’s no way to transfer illusions. You can only add all of them.

Also, as for the reason mod characters are separate from Main Campaign characters is simple. Most mods change alot about the game and add new masteries, gear etc - which aren’t compatible with vanilla GD. And thus, it is simply better and safer for your characters all around to keep them separated and to have to create a new character for this purpose.

For mods that don’t drastically change the way the game functions then you can, of course, simply use the method I detailed above.

Yes, as a modded char is usually not compatible with vanilla. It could have items, masteries, skills that do not exist in vanilla.
The same is true between mods but there the game allows you to play the same char in different mods and if you screw the char up because of that, that is on you.

Depending on the mods you play, you could switch between them, e.g. if one increases drop rates and another spawn rates, neither would impact the actual char and you could switch between them.