Changing male character flag to false gives a female with a 3 day growth

This was unexpected …copied a male character and changed flag in character file to false. It mostly resulted in a female equivalent but why is the facial growth still there … Is there a way to get rid of it ?

Yes, change the face texture… not sure how you did change the flag, but GD Stash would take care of both

There is a flag in the character file called Male. I copied the existing male character, then changed the flag using gd-edit to “false” and this is the result I got. It should have changed it all to female. I don’t see how the program can do things by halves. Unless there is a half man half woman graphic in there this is a bug, though a pretty funny and harmless one. I’ve seen the same reported in wolcen. i’ll also try same thing in GDStash and see what happens there.

I know there is a flag, just was not sure what tool you used to change it :wink:

The texture is a second entry in the save file, so just changing the flag will preserve whatever face texture you started out with. Unless the tool takes care of the texture by itself, which gd-edit clearly does not :wink:

What is the second field in the character file I need to change. As long as it’s in the character file I can change it. gd-edit does some things everywhere, like level, but others it does one variable at a time.

No idea, it’s not like these fields have labels in front of them in the save file, so whatever name gd-edit uses, its author came up with. I would therefore ask in the gd-edit thread. Try ‘texture’, that is what it is called in the sample code to read the save file that is floating around the net.

The content for a male char is creatures/pc/hero02.tex, for a female char the field is empty

I think somehow some confusion about what I’m reporting has crept in here. The file I’m editing is the player.gdc file in the save directory in the standard game. There is no mod involved here. The file is straight from creating a character at the normal startup screen. This thread should not be in the mod forum. That aside, the player.gdc file has a bunch of fields you can see and edit. I edited one field, but it did not give me the result I was expecting, hence the thread I created. There is no problem with gd-edit. It is doing exactly what it is told to. It’s figuring which fields I need to edit in the standard player.gdc file to make the character completely female without the 3 day growth.

On that note I took your suggestion and did the same thing in GDStash. The character comes out as you would expect (no 3 day growth) so clearly there is another field I need to do something with. I should be able to figure out what to do now I have two files to compare.

I am aware

yes, and none of them have names in the save file, they just appear in a certain sequence. So whatever gd-edit calls them is whatever the author of gd-edit decided to use. There is no universal standard, which is why I cannot tell you what name / ID would give you the texture in gd-edit

yes, I told you there is a second field containing a texture which you also need to change :wink:

good luck with that, personally I would just use GD Stash for this instead…

I set the player-texture field to “” and the male field to false. Now gives me a clean female character without the overhang from the male character. Thanks for the pointers :+1:. They got me there in the end, and yes GDStash would have been a lot easier to start with but I won’t learn much if things go right all the time :upside_down_face: Case closed !

You would have learned to use GD Stash instead :smiley:

Glad you found the ID gd-edit uses for the field.