Channeling Skills Are Underperforming

>bugs

//youtu.be/G2y8Sx4B2Sk

I’m not precisely sure what your point is here but it sounds like you think channelling skills are compromised too much of DoT damage instead of direct damage which gives the impression that they do vastly more damage than they show (when looking at sheet DPS). I have seen others mention something similar on the forums as well for Flames of Ignaffar.

Edit: Nevermind, just saw your damage breakdown and there’s not much DoT damage there. I’m not certain what your point is then.

DOT is nothing to do with this,when i found the issue RAY even have no DOT

You should rather count it as damage per tick. I am pretty sure that you missed something in your calculations. You gotta remember that you have to add cunning/spirit along with damage increase percentage. I don’t remember when spirit applies, but I am sure you did not add it. You don’t deal as much damage (155k) only because of enemy resistances; you don’t focus on reducing the resists to 0, apparently. If your target would have 0% resists, you’d hit for 155k per second. Also, every monster has at least 18% resists, so if you don’t reduce it, you deal less damage.

DUMMY has no resists in Normal difficulty。DPH Already add all bouns Including spirit applies.You just dont get the point.

You should really read and review the Reporting Bugs (Please Read) thread. It provides the information you should provide for a bug report, as well as what not to do.

I think I understand what he’s arguing.

I think he’s saying that the sheet DPS calculations for AAR (and probably other channelling skills) are incorrect or he’s missing something that is getting him the wrong answer.

I don’t fully understand how AAR’s mechanics work but I remember reading from someone else on the forums that the 0.3s recharge on it does not pertain to how many times it ticks per second. I believe this is used for the skill’s wind down/after you stop channelling.

I may missing something,the machine wont.The Statistical program named Grim Damage,last time I check it work well.

Thanks the advise.My mother language is Chinese,I can only Post this when my Friends Help me to translate.So I Actually cant read.
Now he translate the (Please Read) thing for me ,I know how to do In the future.

The sheet DPS figure has always been inaccurate. Case in point: create a new character, note the average Damage Per Hit, the Attacks per Second, and the DPS. Do the math and proceed to facepalm. :stuck_out_tongue:

I wouldn’t be surprised if DPS were also inaccurate for channeling skills.

DPS figure has always been inaccurate,I knew that.And I can tell why in every siklls except channeling skills.Such as it not counting all the Probabilistic events,like those Probabilistic weapon skills(Execution)\Probabilistic bouns(Storm Touched)\Crits(OA)\Probabilistic CDR(Time Dilation)……,and only counting one Projectile in these siklls:Phantasmal Blades\Stun Jacks……

The point is DPS figure inaccurate always because of it missing something.Exclude The Viability of the target influence ,DPS figure should always far below real DPS.In this case Just the opposite,system wont counting something that Nonexistent,this is not logical.So either a Panle display issue or Part of channeling skills damage did not work. Thats why I conside which data is the Designers using for balance, DPS panel or real damage?

I’ve noticed this is the case. The part I’d be most worried about is that they might be balancing the skill based on their listed DPS, rather than their real DPS.

This explains why Channeling skills still Underperforming after Several versions BUFF.

Never used one like these.But if there’s something wrong,it’ll be necessary to repair

Just my 2 cents but i have to say that actually several times i had the impression that i deal more single target damage with a (for example) 120k dps forceweave than with a 230k AAR :undecided:

With similar RR adn without considering other skills ofc

It’s quite observable how AAR is of under-performance. DPS stat is way higher than actually generated damage. It has nothing to do with the process of calc, right or wrong, just pure observation of DPS stat versus player damage.

However, why AAR is such an unpopular skill roots from its presence that as a casting skill, it actually requires a lot of face-tank ability for the character. It gets the worst that it can be barely seen when a target is next to you. The attraction of the mystery of a skill is simply lost. Hopefully, devs can work on it to make it welcome again.

Well, finally someone report this issue. The fact that channeling skills cannot reach its DPS panel seemed has been a common sense in my community since two years ago.
Actually, it’s a consensus that the one who could deal highest DPS to single goal among all cast skills is Quick Jacks. In contrast, AAR’s opponent is Replicating Missile. AAR can win Replicating Missile by a narrow margin in the match of attacking Training Dummy of Homestead, absolutely can. After all, AAR can’t pass through enemies, cost massive energy, can’t H&R……forget these! Beautiful DPS panel is so important that can make noobs admire you, isn’t it?
BTW, It‘s weird that the thread was moved here. Maybe Forum administrator consider it out of a bug report, or designer do deem that deceitful DPS panel plays a fatal role in attracting players to devote themselves on unpopular skill.

I’ll wage it was the latter…
and reason we have an under-performed channeling skill till date.

Though we get that all balance was done under certain threshold, the very fact that channeling skill deem work is certainly done w/o counting its nature to the target’s viability.

I like how the “logical” consensus being made is that the devs are idiots.

Or maybe our balance goals aren’t the same as that of the top 1% of players…

The DPS formula for channeled skills is based on the same formula as most other spells in the game, which presents an error as it quantifies animation length. This is how it should work for most abilities, but channeled skills function differently due to their use of a “time between attacks” variable, which effectively negates the standard animation length factor. So we’ll be addressing that in v1.0.6.0 so the correct DPS is displayed on the character sheet for channeled skills.

As for what we use for balancing purposes, I’d like to think anybody that knows the game’s mechanics this thoroughly would know better than to imply that the DPS display on the character sheet is the definitive way to compare Anything considering it does not account for OA/DA, resists, armor, deflection, etc. etc…

And maybe, just maybe, the people that made everything you’re so deeply analyzing might know this too?

As an example, during the beta period of Ashes of Malmouth, we went back and forth on the tuning of Drain Essence because it was basically stupidly easy to play on Normal/Vet, but fell off by Ultimate. The feedback was that it’s too weak, which was an accurate statement if you looked at it from the absolute end-game; but in the early game, where I’d like to reiterate the vast majority of players play and stop playing, it was basically broken in how effective it was.

Over time, we made adjustments to Drain Essence and skills like it, but mostly focused on buffing them in ways that mainly impacted the end-game (such as through ultimate ranks and end-game gear). I suppose this may continue to some degree until the hardcore-gamer minority is satisfied. :wink: