Chaos Damage 2-Handed Witchblade, need assist

I have the Scythe of Tenebris (50) and the Obsidian Juggernaut 58). I want to make a 2-handed chaos damage character. I chose Witchblade because Obsidian Juggernaut gives +2 to all skills in Soldier and Occultist. I am currently Level 30 and I have the character’s skills planned out till Level 50. Level 51-100 is just theory craft at this point. Thought I would make this post for some guidance.

Occultist: Solael’s Witchfire x12, Consecrated Blade x3, Second Rite x12, Doom Bolt x12, Possession x12.

Soldier: Markovian’s Advantage x1, Zolhan’s Technique x1, Fighting spirit x1, Menhir’s Will x1, Military Conditioning x1, Blitz x1, Fighting Form x1, Field Command x1, Cadence x16, Mastery x25.

L51-100 I was thinking of putting the remaining points into Soldier, maxing out Fighting Form, Deadly Momentum, Military Conditioning, Decorated Soldier, Squad Tactics, and Fighting Spirit. For the remaining 20 points, should I invest in War Cry skill tree or place the points else where? I have 10 points left in Mastery and Veterancy and Scars of Battle look pretty good for some additional defense.

Good point allocation so far? Keep as is? Make changes?

Devotions? Right now I am looking at the Dying God as my 3rd Tier constellation. Crossroads (Blue), Gallows, Remove Blue from Crossroads, Crossroads (Red), Wretch, Jackal, Viper, Lizard, Dying God.

I really don’t care too much for Viper and Lizard. I only chose them for the points needed to start on Dying God.

Next I was looking at the Wirchblade (haha). Crossroads (Green), Raven, Witchblade. As above, I chose raven for the points to get to Witchblade.

After Witchblade I was thinking about the Fiend and the Kraken. After that, I don’t know. I only have, what, 9 points left? Think about defense? Solemn Watcher and Bull?

Good plan on the Devotions? Or are there better combos for a melee chaos build?

Any insight would be really helpful. Looking for that class combo to take me to L100 and I think this one has real potential.

I don’t think levelling with Chaos damage as Witch Blade is a good idea.

Starting with Occultist using Doom Bolt / Sigil should be ok.
You could support it with the following MI’s:

Maybe later even play Cadence with

This is assuming no chaos leveling gear.

Pirao: I seem to be doing as much Chaos damage as I am Physical damage. So far so good, but I wish I was doing more Chaos damage. Do you think a 2-Handed Chaos Witchblade will make it to L100? I am thinking I can take it to the early 70’s with the Juggernaut.

TqFan: My earlier draft on the GrimTools had the Sigils maxed out, then I opted to put more points into Soldier. Doom Bolt seems weak so far, but it’s the only range spell I have at the moment. Does it become viable at any time? Or should I opt for the Sigils or the Pets? It’s only 12 points tho.

Thanks for the item info. I will keep my eyes open for those. I have a few blues to help me along the way, but nothing that would make the character OP even in Normal.

I have a chaos witchblade but when leveling I’m going with 1h and shield at that time until I got the Obsidian Juggernaut, and I use Cadence with markovian and zolhan wps. So it’s viable.

Symbol of solael + consecrated blade + abominable strength (?) + any weapon that convert physical to chaos will give you full chaos conversion

1 Like

I have this one: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/M2g1k0WZ

A 2H Chaos Blade Arc Witchblade that works well and you can Facetank Morgoneth too :slight_smile:

Nery also has Chaos Blade Arc but different than yours: [1.1.4.2] Meme's police open doors day-Chaos Blade Arc Witchblade+Health regen Elementalist

arivus: I used the Guardsman’s Raiment low level set for a while. That’s a nice little mace and shield combo. Hopefully the game has an empowered version. I would use it in later levels. Right now at L35 I am using Herald’s Regalia. The +1 to everything is nice, boosted my dps from around 4k to 7k.

Once I get more levels, I was thinking of swapping out some of my skill points for the seals. Leveling is fun in this game, but when you have something that you really want use in the later levels, it’s a painful chore.

skipperx and tqFan: Wow. Blade Arc as a Primary Attack? Huh. I will have to try that out. Wouldn’t that drain the heck out of your energy though? Especially using Doom Bolt as well? I know that spell just drains the energy bar.

skipperx: What path did you take to get to the Dying God constellation?

That’s why I prefer to use faction gear throughout leveling from lvl 35 - 90, they are easier to get and quite strong. Here’s a recreation of my Chaos witchblade at lvl 50 https://www.grimtools.com/calc/w26g4eKV when he still using cadence wth 1h and shield before I get my obsidian juggernaut. The belt are faction recipe, pants are specific MI drop on broken hill, and the talisman is a quest reward, the rest of the item are from faction.

You can see that in devotion I go with dying god and abomination. The path are quite simple, just take any tier 1 and 2 devotion you can and put the rest on T3 dying god and abomination. But if you want to spec to 2h, do this step: Remove abomination, put 5 point on fiend, remove behemoth, put 5 point on kraken, remove wretch, and put the remaining point on abomination.

arivus: Speaking of Faction items, I used the Devil’s Crossing rifle with my Commando till I was able to use the L50 purple item The Adversary. I Used till L61. It was replaced by a green from Ashes xpack. HA! Yeah, if I can find an upgrade from the Factions, I will use it. They do last a long while too, as you said. I’ll rep grind away till I get to L70 for those goodies, then I’ll head into Ashes. My Commando at L61 is getting rocked. I probably should step out and of Malmouth area and get some more levels. Might as well get rep too.

As far as the devotion points, i’ll keep the lower tier ones. Also, planned on getting points in Fiend. But that is post L50 for sure. I might be able to complete Dying God by L50, I have 3 more points to go and I am L48 atm.