Chaos Marine build. Witchblade focused on physical converted to chaos

Chaos for the win!

It looks like a marine and does tons of chaos Damage so what is it? A chaos Marine

Introductions

I toyed around with the idea of making a chaos damage based build, never expecting it to be any good damage wise or build wise. After testing it out in crucible though my jaw slightly dropped as i saw the numbers rolling in.

Pros and cons

Pros would be:
High single target to small group damage
fast clearing
Tanky
Chaos damage!

Cons would be:
Squishy against certain enemies
Resists aren’t fit for ultimate atleast not yet
Slighty riskier if you don’t know what you are doing

Build

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/M2gvbgYN

Here is the build. In game after testing (sorry that i don’t have pics right now) the base damage per second was a decent 120k (without all buffs even active, just basic ones). the peak of the damage on third page though was the one making my jaw drop as it was the highest damage i’ve managed to make (so far) with my builds and that was 571k. Anyone interested feel free to have fun with this build, see what makes it better and/or more useful. I just hope the theme of chaos conversion is kept.

Ending

So in a nutshell this build can survive with ease to level 150 of crucible but after that the struggles will begin and the bosses will actually start to properly hurt. To the plain old story mode i think this can carry you through on all except ultimate difficulty.

I hope you all have a blessed day/night!

Not the Harbringer set? :rolleyes:

I desired to make a melee oriented build. Harbinger set is more ranged oriented :slight_smile:
Also for that set I’d have to sacrifice voidsteel guantlets, the item that converts my cadence into pure chaos

I can’t see the logic of using partial Krieg and not using Curse of Fraility giving that the weapon gives chaos RR to that skill. Neither do I understand the overcapping of fightning form and not using War Cry for dmg reduction. And poison & pierce augments when you have Blood of Dreeg?

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/62a5DrB2

I’ve have thought of something similar not long ago. Tho, I’ve picked several different items and a different devotion route.
Here’s the build:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/pZrv5xMZ

Gotta softcap Squad Tactics for attack speed. Not capping it is a mistake. As malawiglenn pointed out, you have to use Curse of Frailty since weapon gives -RR% modifier to it. Krieg partial set is a weird choice here. Belt with Vitality to Physical conversion is a weird choice too. Two Voidheart’s procs don’t stack, better use that pet chaos ring as a second ring. That DA coupled with absence of Ghoul is going to get you killed even in Campaign.

I give this build 3 Obsidian Juggernauts out of 10 Obsidian Juggernauts.

Much too squishy for a Chaos Marine. Can’t serve Abaddon if you’re dead.

Krieg’s doesn’t seem like a terribly great choice. Neither does using Obsidian Juggernaut without making use of its -%Chaos Resistance to Curse of Frailty. Also, why is Fighting Form at 17/12? :confused: