[Chaos Melee] Hexa-Shadow Striker DW Witch Hunter - Six Continuous Shadow Strikes

BUILD HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED

Grim Dawn due to balance issues doesn’t have a teleportation skill, which might or might not change with the expansion.
Currently the coolest movement skills we have are Shadow Strike, Chaos Strike and Spectral Strike. All of which share the same animation with a different color palette.

What this build does-

As the name states the idea of the build is to be able to “warp” six times continuously.
Now I never regret not being able to shoot a video on my shitty PC but i’d really like to show how awesome it looks teleporting six times in a row.

Hats off to these two-

Credits to eisprinzessin for it was his post in this thread that gave me the idea for this build.
And to Superfluff since the devotion setup for hisDouble Doom Bolt build is what I use in this build.

How to get Six Shadow Strikes

To do this you need Time Dilation (which only has 84% proc chance, so it’s RNG otherwise we’re a Triple SS build)

These are the skills we use and their order

1. Chaos Strike (A) - Eldritch Fire
  2. Shadow Strike - Hungering Void
  3. Chaos Strike (B) - Time Dilation

You need to make sure you hit Chaos Strike (B) at the last and let TD reset the CD for your skills allowing your to hit another set of Shadow Strikes.

Two set of Triple Shadow Strikes amounts to Six-Shadow Strikes

Grim Tools -

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2Eo08Zd

In Closing-

This build is a little hard to get used to. But once you do it’s pretty sweet when you jump 6 enemies.
The build has been tested on the end game and is more than viable. Queen can be a bitch though, I think Flame Torrent counts as projectiles so time your heals vs. her.
I didn’t level this up and simply spec’d an old Witch Hunter, I finished this build within a few hours of eis’ comment but getting the order of strikes right is hard.
Overall it’s nice and I hope you guys enjoy this

1 Like

(Reserved for later)

(Reserved)

Here I thought Chaos Strike used the same cool down for both components. Funky. On mobile, so I can’t examine the gear, but theory seems sound. Not sure about the damage, I can’t say as I’ve used either Strike in end game. But if you took Queen, I guess it has to work at least a little.

Nope, it separated. Same as you can use two Bloodthirsters in a row from Haunted Steel.

Component-granted active skills don’t share cooldowns. Learned this when leveling a Pyro with 2*Devil-Touched Ammo. I also hear that component auras can stack but haven’t verified that.

Damage should be very high, those abilities have high base damage and weapon damage %. Plus you have maxed AQC+Exec to fall back on while you wait on CDs.

@Chthon: You sure that you need those points in VoS ? I’m not sure if the total speed debuff works on bosses, if it doesn’t you could repurpose the points into elemental awakening to help cap resists. You have 2.3k DA as it is thanks to Watcher and Hourglass. At 2.45k that’s probably the highest effective DA we’ll ever see on a Witch Hunter btw :D.

If you don’t mind losing out on the amazing DA down to the 2.2k effective range it’s possible to squeeze 60 OA, the flat damage node on DG and capped resists out of the build like so : http://www.grimtools.com/calc/nZoW0dZA

I verified, they stack.

They have 75%(bosses) or 90%(nemesis) TotalSpeedResistance. But VoS is also cool OA debuffer.

Can you explain why it’s important to pay attention to projectiles vs Mad Queen?

It’s really anything that touches hear that retaliates back at you during her aura. What he means is that Flame torrent will piss her off cause it hits 4x in succession so watch out.

Fighting her with my WH, I always assign Flame Torrent to no skill. It just hurts badly otherwise.

Nice build idea though. :slight_smile: But too much striking and dashing around for my taste. :smiley:

it’s even worse that they hit in succession. Falcon Swoop i can handle. but stuff like flame torrent or fissure will destroy you:D

Yeah, it’s pretty much the only fight in the game where you don’t want some of your procs to go off. :rolleyes:

Great idea! I’m working on a chaos/vit striker with a higher level of SS and this didn’t even cross my mind. I’ll try this out sometime soon and upload a video. Thoughts on best area to cover some massive ground quickly with my 6 strikes? :stuck_out_tongue:

Crucible:p

Nah I’m not doing god damn laps around crucible :smiley: I think parts of Valbury might be able to get me what I want we’ll see

Sorry for not being able to update this but i won’t be able to log in for a long while

The build itself is finished the guide just needs to be more presentable

Dont be afraid to ask around about the build, the community answers general queries

Same here tbh

But someone coming over from D3 or PoE might want to try this even though this is nothing like Flicker Strike but is unique in its own right

Oh and special thanks to everyone who responded to player questions during my absence :smiley: