Chaos Pseudo DoT Deceiver

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/qNYzyD42

I’ve been working on a few deceiver builds and one of the interesting options was always that Blood orb of Ch’Thon lets you convert 100% elemental damage to chaos. Word of Pain does damage instances every second of elemental damage, but it does not actually do any DoT. It’s a psuedo DoT. The skill also has chaos RR built into it. The only thing wasted is a +60% fire/lightning modifier on the skill.

Basic idea is word of pain + elemental seeker kills trash, if something isn’t dying very fast use doom bolt. Then run around and kite until Doom Bolt is off CD. Inquisitor seal, possession are there for survivability, but it’s not really enough to facetank anything. Maxed word of renewal and blood of dreeg are there to augment survivability and get higher OA and DA. Horn of Gandar is an AoE skill with a high proc chance for some extra -RR. Can also confuse some trash but it’s super unreliable.

I used GDstash for most of the items, this is mostly a theory craft thing at the moment (though I do have a lvl 98 deceiver I used to test it). Don’t blame me if any of them are undroppable. The augments/components aren’t very thought through at the moment, I wanted some feedback from people before spending a ton of time optimizing. Same story for the skills - it may not make sense to have that many points in arcane empowerment, but it does boost your damage considerably if you drop one before casting doom bolt (basically kite from seal to seal).
There’s almost certainly a better chest piece to use, that was one I just had sitting around to patch up some resistances.

I think the concept is solid but there’s some odd mechanics that I’m still struggling with on the blood orb. Namely, devotions conversions. Chaos damage doesn’t seem to have very many good procs - elemental damage does, though. Blind Seeker’s elemental proc is especially good on word of pain - 100% chance to spawn several of the things. However, I’m not sure if they’re dealing chaos damage. Does anyone know how that works? It’s also a bit squishy so I may need to go back to the drawing board on devotions.

Sidenote : The mythic version of blood orb seems worse than the normal one (-15 extra hp per second and values aren’t necessarily higher).