Chillwhisper Drain Essence

Just a build I’ve been tinkering with in my endless quest to make enjoyable DE setups. I’m not a min-maxer and I don’t do a ton of SR or Crucible, but it’s a solid fuck-around build. Comments/suggestions welcome.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/xZyeryrZ

There were theorycrafts in the thread.I remember toying with Apostate,other players tried Reaper with that set.Problem is set pieces gives you extremely bad core stats.

Yeah, it’s definitely not a powerhouse. It’s fun and thematically cool, but I doubt it’ll ever be a prime setup. I’m sure I could put together a better devotion setup or augment combo to bolster it, but not sure how much boost it would gain.

here is defensive version of cold DE i played and pushed sr 60ish, 17 sec dummy kill time can be modified more offensively… this has more cc res life and such . deathbound amethyst amulet with some tree and items changes it has omega dmg if 17sec is not nuff already

COLD DE , you can easily make this without green boots, i recommend belt for massive dmg boost tho. just change some gear for cc res of gear here or there, blue ring with disruption protection etc

keep in mind that without high stun slow and disruption res this char gonna feel awfull to play. the reason i stopped playing this char was it was way to powerfull for every aspect of the game… phys res and armor is on the low side which thnx to set being so bad, you can outleech reaper+maiden sorta targets in naked crucible still.

what i can say more, its prolly strongest caster i have played after fg literally zero fucks given, but playstyle&build power bored me quick and i move on new adventures.

Hmm, that’s probably a lot stouter than mine. I was using that neck till earlier today, to test out weapon damage on DE. I’m certain your devotions are better. Is your ring combo really that much stronger than the Alkamos set?

alkamos rings adds nothing to build cause only pierce dmg you deal is on bladespirits and helm already converts full pierce to cold for spirits.

you dont need damage reduction from proc cause you constantly spam RE for dmg reduction.

stats on alkamos rings are so good tho always usable np. there are tons of
good rings pants boots that you can fit in this build anyway

like i said, you have to have +50 disruption res +50 stun +50 slow +50trap +50 freeze res to play this char smoothly… biggest strength of this char is outleeching the dmg you take, and if you are controlled you cant spam DE and you cant leech. this is my opinion tho

I could see that. I figured there might be a high damage ceiling on the build because of how fast it can trash the rogue bosses and some nemesis bosses, but like you said, it has the shitty tendency to get stomped out of the blue. Guessing that’s the resists I’m missing doing that. Thanks, man, appreciate the insight.