Choosing an elementalist build

I’m not really looking for peak efficiency or anything. I originally planned for Cyclone build, to toy with player-scaled summoner idea. However, I discovered Barrelsmith build since then, and I fucking love gunslingers. And bombs.

So, between Cyclone and Ultos/Barrelsmith build, and assuming I only make one elementalist, which would you recommend based on fun factor? I’m somewhat concerned about CD reset, because organizing and playing around it is a consistent trouble on any build for me, and here it will be doubled. I also had a negative experience trying to weave casts into Darkblaze Pyro attack spam, and it felt really sluggish.

Maybe I should put Barrelsmith aside for zerker release?

tough one. for the absurd end result i’d probably be slightly in favour of cyclone set with thermite mine conduit and stormsurge pistol. single cast mine field + twister season, stacked thermite mine sound is so satisfying also not constantly having to recast devils one by one.

imo ulzuin seems a better fit if you decide to go barrelsmith.

1 Like

I tried both Cyclone (including lightning and fire+lightning hybrid) and Barrelsmith+Ulzuin. Every option had the same issues: certain level of clunkiness (recalling Wind Devils, repositioning Thermite Mines, random CD resets and the clunky nature of grenado and cluster bomb).

My Cyclone build faced some survivability issues because it relied on life leech form chain lightning while it had to manage devils, mines and storm totems (too many interruptions).
Bomb build relied on kiting but again - there was too much to do so moving around meaning lower damage output.
After some attempts I settle on “summoner” build with permanent Wind devils, more storm totems and mortar traps. Basically I run around and place stuff on ground (thermite mines, mortar traps, totems and Call the Storm), then use chain lightning to proc Dryad. It’s still kinda clunky at the start because you have to summon a bunch of crap but once everything is placed you can chill and kite.

It’s still work in progress because I haven’t been playing lately and I didn’t have time to finish it. Also, I doubt performance of this will beat proper Cyclone or Ulzuin/Barrelsmith. My goal was to make it less clunky and to have some resemblance of skill rotation (which you have once you place all your stuff on the ground).

1 Like

pretty neat build as well, lightning mortar looks amazing and eternal storms is just the peace of mind solution. wondering if you could switch to that eternium mace coming in fangs to keep permanent wind devils and use terrnoxs tome to spam lightning mortar.

Nah, I’m keeping mortars for eventual Pyran sorc. Nothing says “sorcery” like carpet artillery bombardment.

1 Like

Blazerush elementalist :sunglasses:. There’s a lot of ways to build it. I’m quite happy with mine, but the farm for greens never ends.